Something Stupid with my housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi All, I must be getting very bloody old. I have always taken off the hoya filter from my 60mm up until the last trip and now I have a ring mark in my Oly flat port. on my PT Ep 13 housing.
Any ideas if it can be polished out?

I suppose you can't take a picture of your camera with your camera right

??? pic of my camera with my camera? Assume you mean to use the housing?
Yes but only at min focusing distance.

I think he means of your camera in the housing

I assume you can take a photo of the mark on your port with the camera in situ using a phone camera

No it won't for 1:1 but when I focus further away I assume the wider view will impact. I'll check tomorrow getting late here in OZ.

Polishing should work, I suppose you can use a drill bit with a polishing disc, otherwise it will be tricky to access.

Is that mark within the field of view of the lens? As it was left by a filter, which is not supposed to get into view, I doubt it will have any impact on your photos.
That is true for the 60mm (I did it with) but it shows up with the 30mm as I checked it this morning, Can't see the full ring but shows as a white mark in part of the ring.
I am reasonably sure it is acrylic and not glass so I will have a go at polishing it out but by coincidence a 4" semi-dome AOI port came up and I bought it. As a bonus it takes the 9-18 lens.

Is the glass removable? I've never dealt with Olympus, as I use SeaFrogs housings, but in SeaFrogs port it's relatively easy to take the glass out for repairs or replacement - SeaFrogs sells replacement glass pieces; if the Olympus glass is removable, then perhaps you can buy a replacement part, and even if you can't, it should be much easier to polish out the scratches outside the port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom