Sometimes the little bird has to be kicked out of the nest..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks Bill, those are Kahala, in hawaii I tink.

so..you guys woulda died. Big swells..oh maybe 6 foot. And 3 miles out...along comes this 80 year old guy all alone and free divin with a big speargun on a zodiac.

Another boat told me he free dives to the plane (100 ft)

I yelled "are you alone?" and he says "yea" and I said "I'm impressed"

YAY! Solo people of the world!!!...granted, he looked like he had been doin it awhile. I said "oh, SB powers wouldn't like that"..

catherine96821:
whats your problem? :blinking:
I'm not chicken- I'm just not used to being around large fish. I am getting better. I think that I was traumatized the first time I saw a large fish- it was a night dive with so-so vis and at the edge of my vision I saw this 4' fish with a forked tail- it looked like a shark and scared the you-know-what out of me. Now I know that there are no sharks in fresh water quarries and the fish that I saw didn't even have teeth.

It might be the beer talking, but I'll go on that shark dive with you. :D

he eh...I am not braggin...but I get the best PM's in the world.

laugh right offa my bed

fish because of that rakish stripe across it's eye- kinda looks like a $10 hooker with cheap makeup. (ohh geez, can I say that on Scubaboard?)

you people are hysterical.

Come on..Tony I keep invitin ya. We can do yoga and meditate and dive....

oh and today I got Shiva Rea new dvd...Pema Chodron book, and a bloody prime rib delivered to my door.

great pics WC..

i like all the colors you picked up in this one:
HuntingJack1.jpg

i've always seen these amber-jacks in pairs..
it was cool to see half-dozen of 'em schooling around us..
(someone told me they're curious about the bubbles..
that's why they circle so close)

I kind of like the menpachi peeking out to see who is trying to eat them. Good vis and cooperative fish make for good pics.

Oh, Catherine, I'm so proud of you. Now repeat 20-50 times.

The worst thing is that you have an audience.

people come out of the Kona Brewery, the ice cream place, Zippy's...just to watch anyone looking insecure about docking.

I want to yell "do you people have to stare?" ...they just lick their cones and snicker.
Then, when you are cleaning the boat for two hours, they just sit there and "think...gee wiz...we sure are glad we didn't get that boat..."

I really don't need the spectators. people in restaurants relaxing, watching me work are annoying.

This one guy was telling me this funny story...he was working on his parasail boat and oil shot up in the sky and sprayed all the waterfront diners. I said "so..what did you do? and he said "acted natural, nobody knew where it all came from." ...you could tell he was happy about it.

oh...the old backwards tiller trick...

actually WC is just being kind (for once)

I wouldn't say I docked it....I drifted it.

Back
Top Bottom