Somewhat new to the board, longtime diver in the Charleston, SC, USA area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdog94tiger01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
All,

My name is Jamie and I have been diving since 1992. I really enjoy offshore wreck diving and have recently made the conversion to the dark side as I have moved into CCR diving. I'm enjoying learning the new unit and I am excited to see what new diving opportunities this will open up for me.

bdog

I live in Central VA Jamie, but right now I’m in a conference in the Bahamas. I doubt I’ll ever get into CCR diving… I don’t dive often enough.

I would like to touch base with you when I come to Charleston though. My eldest niece and her family have their home in Mt Pleasnt and I drop in on them once or twice a year. She’s a diver (the only other one in our family) and I’m hoping to get her started up again.
🐸

I live in Central VA Jamie, but right now I’m in a conference in the Bahamas. I doubt I’ll ever get into CCR diving… I don’t dive often enough.

I would like to touch base with you when I come to Charleston though. My eldest niece and her family have their home in Mt Pleasnt and I drop in on them once or twice a year. She’s a diver (the only other one in our family) and I’m hoping to get her started up again.
🐸

Frog,
I look forward to hearing from you. Charleston diving can be a challenge as the rides out to dive sites can be a bit long. But we do have some pretty good diving!!

Thanks for the shout out bdog. I hope to get to Charleston sometime in late July or early August. I’ll drop you a line when I know for sure.
How far out are these dives you mention? Water temp? Viz? I’m still at the point of doing some low stress dives to get back up to speed. I did a lot of my dives in Nassau last week at 60-80 feet at most, 80+ degree temps and mostly 75 foot viz or better. I guess I’m kinda spoiled. 😁
Froggie 🐸

If you want to practice CCR drills, head to lake Jocassee. You may want to check out Scuba John's shop out of Lexington, SC. They are good folks who do a lot of tech diving and are CCR aficionados. Lake Jocassee has all depths and temperatures for your liking. About 3 hrs from where you're. PDRA quarries are another alternative. 3.5hrs from you in NC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom