sony rx100 videos and pictures at the same time? newer models?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magic Filters[/URL]. I think it will help you to better understand the difference between the two, and what a filter will or will not do. Good luck with your research, and I am sure you will find the right camera set up for your needs.

I have the original RX100 and have taken a few shots while filming....but as mentioned above they are JPG. I shoot everything in RAW... it really is a must...assuming you want to get the best out of the camera.
The biggest issue is that underwater you really do need a strobe....or two for good quality photos. And obviously when filming the strobe wont fire.

I certainly would not say that you should base your choice on model on this one feature. I hardly ever use it really.
Considering your budget constraint why not consider the RX100 II. The two has the same lens but a much faster autofocus. The autofocus on the original is quite slow!
And the II has a few other improvements that would be far more beneficial to you.

Hi guys - sorry to bust in but I just posted my rx100-III with aluminum housing in the classified section. Barely used for 1200. Housing is Aquapazza - 865 US new. I'm in Canada and u can email me at rbrannan64@hotmail.com if you're interested.

comparison rx100 m2.jpg
So I got my hands on a rx100 mark 2. Here is a comparison in relatively low light conditions. Result: the picture during video is NOT a frame grab, it has much better quality. However, it does not have nearly as good quality as a standard picture. Also, compared with the rx100 m4 the quality of the picture during still seems a bit lower.

Back
Top Bottom