Sony XR520v test video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice video. I have the Sony HDR-XR520v camcorder and love using it on the surface. I have been monitoring Ikelite's web page for a housing and none has surfaced to date. Is Blue Fin the only other maker of a housing for this camcorder? Has Ikelite set a release date or a housing?

Very nice video. I have the Sony HDR-XR520v camcorder and love using it on the surface. I have been monitoring Ikelite's web page for a housing and none has surfaced to date. Is Blue Fin the only other maker of a housing for this camcorder? Has Ikelite set a release date or a housing?

I contacted Ikelite about a week ago to ask when the housings will be released for the new Canon and Sony camcorders. Their response was that they will be obtaining the camcorders soon and evaluating them for a housing, keep monitoring their website and their Twitter site.... Ikelite (IkeliteUSA) on Twitter
So basically, nothing yet. I am sure they will be making a housing though as they make housings for any camcorder or camera which gets high ratings.

robin:D

I did speak with someone one from Ikelite about the housing and was told... "The prototype for the XR520 is just being finished up. It should be on the website within the next week or so and start shipping within 2-3 weeks."

I can't wait!!! :D

Great stuff!

We are getting the Sony XR520 shortly, I am going to take the new Ikelite (when they get them done:) ) and the Light and Motion Bluefin out and do some comparisons for our customers. To me, being able to WB underwater and at depth is almost as important as being able to record. In my opinion if you invest in a HD camcorder like this you cant afford to have a housing that doesn't white balance.

Looking forward to seeing some more footage.

Hi Uzun,

WOW! My current cam is an SR-11, and am always looking to upgrade...(in fact, my housing is in desparate need of an upgrade, so I may sell the whole thing and go for the package you're shooting!).

I can't help but ask, but the shots from that site look very VERY familiar to me...if I had to venture a guess, they look like La Jolla Shores, and La Jolla Cove near San Diego...am I close?

Beautiful Spanish Dancer, Sea Lemon, Sea Hare, and Garabaldi shots...I love the Lingcod as well - the "toothy grin" is a real keeper.

Beautiful work, sir!

-S

Great stuff!

We are getting the Sony XR520 shortly, I am going to take the new Ikelite (when they get them done:) ) and the Light and Motion Bluefin out and do some comparisons for our customers. To me, being able to WB underwater and at depth is almost as important as being able to record. In my opinion if you invest in a HD camcorder like this you cant afford to have a housing that doesn't white balance.

Looking forward to seeing some more footage.

I look forward to hearing your comparisons between the Ikelite and Blue Fin housings. Having seen a projected posting for the Ikelite version, I am curious as to what justifies the difference in price between the two. I am unfamiliar with personal use of the Blue Fin housing. The pictures of it are intriguing. Can anyone educate me on the differences between the two?

OK Roger or anyone else!

Any more or new video to be posted using the Sony 520? We'd like to see more!

Back
Top Bottom