Sony XR520v test video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a little technologically challenged right now, as I am living out of a suitcase here in the Philippines, once I have a reliable place to upload I will give it a try.. I am pretty please(as a :dork2:novice) on the quality of the videos that I am shooting...

I am pleased with the Amphibco Housing I purchased. The design allows me to keep the Camera very steady.

Cheers,
Roger

I'm new to this site, and to UW videography, but not to diving. I also recently picked up the Sony HDR-XR520V, both because I have a daughter who is about to arrive in the world, and because I wanted to begin shooting some underwater shots.

I would love it if some of you more experienced videographers would break down some of the differences between the Amphibco, Ikelite, and Bluefin housings (or any others that I should look at) because I have yet to decide on a housing. At the moment I'm leaning toward Ikelite, but this is mostly due to its ability to use an internal wide-angle lens, and it's price tag being under 2k. What do you all think?

Mhh, it is like comparing a SMART car with a Mercedes Benz. The Ikelite is reltaively chaep, it is made of poly carbonate, has manual controls and the LCD screen is mirrored so you can see it. The amphibico and the L&M are both verya good housings. The L&M is the the most sophisticated one. L&M offers 90 and 110Ž° wideangle lenses from Fathom Imgaging which I can higly recommend. From my point of view L&M is the best, has more accessable functions and better optics than the others. The Bluefin would be my choice if budget is not an issue. The next one would be the Amphibico. The Ikelite I would never buy, I don't like poly carbonate at all, had to much problems with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom