(Soon to be) New diver from NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmbelina

Reaction score
Hey all...

I'm from Poughkeepsie, NY

2 weeks into my open water dive certification course with a local dive shop. Looking forward to a lifetime of fun! I don't know why I didn't do this sooner!

Man oh man I just graduated from college and thought I was going to be saving money, but I guess I can divert some to this :)

The only bad thing is that the next trip the shop is going on (this coming weekend), I will not be certified yet, and the next one is not until next January....don't know if I can wait that long. I'll have to stop by some of other shops in the area to check on trips, and/or peruse the vacation boards here, if you guys would like a beginner diver along.

Adios!

It is worth all the work.... just got my OW last week. Can't believe your LDS next dive trip is next Jan. bummer. I would start looking for a more active LDS:thumb:

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA. Have Fun here and Dive Safe……………..Arduous

good luck finishing your ow in the uk weve got our lds but theres loads of clubs set up that meet once or twice a week in the eavning and plan dives for most weekends dont you have that in the us ?

You're from where??!! Gosh! Welcome to the board from the warm waters of Asia. Well, we have an instructor in our group that wouldn't mind giving you the finer points and we actually wouldn't mind having newbies, happens all the time.

Enjoy yourself and dive safe. Remember to breath deeply.

Hi,
Welcome to scuba! I am from Oneida, NY - having been raised just outside of Albany, NY!

If you ever want to dive up this way or the St. Lawrence River - give me a shout. We'd be happy to 'show you around.'

Congrats!

All I can say is go for it !!!
It is a great activity, I just can't get enough of scuba
I just got certified in January 2002 and I have had 48 dives !:)
I am looking forward to the next. Yes go to local dive shops and sign up for a trip and get your OW. Where in New York do you live? Maybe I can help you or at least motivate you

Back
Top Bottom