Soon to join the bubbleless world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tonight begins my journey, as I will finally be able to get my unit into the water (pool) tonight. I have been practicing the surface skills of calibrating the O2 sensors & packing the absorbent canister. Tonight I will get to get into the unit & actually learn to use it.

Tonight begins my journey, as I will finally be able to get my unit into the water (pool) tonight. I have been practicing the surface skills of calibrating the O2 sensors & packing the absorbent canister. Tonight I will get to get into the unit & actually learn to use it.

All the best. I am doing a P2 x-over in Cozumel next week. I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts as training progresses

Got to dive Hollis Explorer today. Reminds me of a Dreager Dolphin on steroids. I can't say I ever got 90 minutes on a Dolphin going to 100ft

Got to dive Hollis Explorer today. Reminds me of a Dreager Dolphin on steroids. I can't say I ever got 90 minutes on a Dolphin going to 100ft

Can you provide any details about the Hollis or your experience ?? I'm extremely intrigued by this thing, and am wanting to give it a hard look.

Can you provide any details about the Hollis or your experience ?? I'm extremely intrigued by this thing, and am wanting to give it a hard look.
Well it is amazingly simple to set up and to dive it. It has a repackable 2hr scrubber and it is semi closed but uses a solenoid and 3 oxygen cells to control gas flow. It can use nitrox up to 40 % and has a HUD that does not tell you your PO2 but has a green (good to go) blue (look at the display) and red something is wrong)
The HUD also has the vibrating alarm system that can not be ignored. In my one and only dive on the unit it never gave me an alarm. I accidentally lost control of my mouthpiece when playing with the breathing hoses and got some water in the loop but it has a clever drain system on the counterlung that removed it during the dive and very little water was present during the post dive tear down.
I will post more after todays dive but will start a new thread. Sorry for the hijack Tammy.

Well it is amazingly simple to set up and to dive it. It has a repackable 2hr scrubber and it is semi closed but uses a solenoid and 3 oxygen cells to control gas flow. It can use nitrox up to 40 % and has a HUD that does not tell you your PO2 but has a green (good to go) blue (look at the display) and red something is wrong)
The HUD also has the vibrating alarm system that can not be ignored. In my one and only dive on the unit it never gave me an alarm. I accidentally lost control of my mouthpiece when playing with the breathing hoses and got some water in the loop but it has a clever drain system on the counterlung that removed it during the dive and very little water was present during the post dive tear down.
I will post more after todays dive but will start a new thread. Sorry for the hijack Tammy.

Thanks !! Looking forward to hearing more !

Back
Top Bottom