SORRY -Y - NOT Coz related - need help from NYC'ers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Need some quick advice from those who are familiar with Radio City Music Hall! I want to surprise my Mom with tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular because she's going to be visiting my sister over Christmas.

I have tickets on hold for a Monday matinee - Orchestra Seating, row UU - 1st section to the left of center stage - are these good to excellent seats???

thanks in advance!

Saw this a few years ago and your Mother is in for a treat. In my opinion the better seats are further back so you can view the entire stage and row of Rockettes. Don't know where exactly your seats are but she will be thrilled in any case. What a thoughtful present!

Saw this a few years ago and your Mother is in for a treat. In my opinion the better seats are further back so you can view the entire stage and row of Rockettes. Don't know where exactly your seats are but she will be thrilled in any case. What a thoughtful present!

Thank you! I finally found a detailed seating chart of RC - and these seats look pretty great - as long as the orchestra level seating is at an increased incline, which I can't imagine it wouldn't be.

My sister lives in NY and my Mom is going to spend Christmas with her. I know she's going to love it and she's going to be SUPER surprised! The wonderful thing is that the matinee tickets were buy one get one free - so I am able to treat my sister to the show as well - I wouldn't have been able to buy her ticket if I had to pay full price for both of them! I'm really thrilled to be able to do this for her!

The seats are very good. It is better a further back in the theater to get the full effect of the "spectacle"....flying santa and his sleigh and the Rockettes. Hope your sister has great plans for lunch, lots of great places to eat in that area. Great that you got a good buy on the tickets. I am sure they will both enjoy!

Those are wonderful seats. RC has a lot of great seating, the orchestra is wide open, no obstructed views (that I can remember).
How come your not coming !!??

Christi -

Your mom will enjoy the show and the orchestra seats are on an incline.

She will also enjoy all the lights on Sixth Avenue. The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is around the corner. Am sure your sister already knows all of this given she lives here. :)

Those are wonderful seats. RC has a lot of great seating, the orchestra is wide open, no obstructed views (that I can remember).
How come your not coming !!??

I couldn't find airfare for the dates I could travel for under $1000 - I really wanted to go - but it wasn't in the cards, it's really hard for me to get away from teh island this time of year - I'll be with them in spirit though!

Tickets are bought! This is my favorite part of Christmas! I was really having a hard time deciding what to get both my sister and my mom because the budget is so tight this year - so this was PERFECT!

judydivescoz:
The seats are very good. It is better a further back in the theater to get the full effect of the "spectacle"....flying santa and his sleigh and the Rockettes. Hope your sister has great plans for lunch, lots of great places to eat in that area. Great that you got a good buy on the tickets. I am sure they will both enjoy!

Yeh - my sister is SO excited to have my Mom coming up for Christmas - I was exhausted just listening to all that she has planned - I wanted to surprise BOTH of them with the tickets, but my sister had to be in the loop because I needed to know what day to buy the tickets for. As long as my sister has lived in NYC (actually in Hoboken now), and being in theater herself - she's never seen this show - so she's pretty excited too!

I couldn't find airfare for the dates I could travel for under $1000 - I really wanted to go - but it wasn't in the cards, it's really hard for me to get away from teh island this time of year - I'll be with them in spirit though!

Tickets are bought! This is my favorite part of Christmas! I was really having a hard time deciding what to get both my sister and my mom because the budget is so tight this year - so this was PERFECT!

Yeh - my sister is SO excited to have my Mom coming up for Christmas - I was exhausted just listening to all that she has planned - I wanted to surprise BOTH of them with the tickets, but my sister had to be in the loop because I needed to know what day to buy the tickets for. As long as my sister has lived in NYC (actually in Hoboken now), and being in theater herself - she's never seen this show - so she's pretty excited too!

I saw the show last year. It was fun. It was a "girlfriends" day in the city, lots of shopping food and martinis. Its nice living fairly close, its less than an hour driving in from my house. I will miss that when we finally "retire" to Cozumel. My sister in law lives in Brooklyn and she has never seen the show either.

For those Scuba Boarders who have no idea what they are talking about...listen up. In Dec 2007 I took my family to the East Coast even though I thought I hated it. The grand finale was NYC and the Rockettes show. All I can say is my twins, now 10 years old, beat on me daily to go back and my wife is even worse. Maybe next year if our economy improves!

As for those who live near there and have never seen the Rockettes show, I do understand. I lived in Cozumel for over 5 years before finally going to see Chichen Itza, perhaps one of the most inspiring historical sites in the Western Hemisphere! I my opinion the Rockettes show is one of the must do things in the US, and there is no bad seat at Radio City Music hall.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom