SoScuba Upcoming Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all. Heres a quick listing of charters i'm considering running the Halloween weekend.

Saturday October 30. Acme wreck (130 ft max depth) out of Pt. Colborne. This wreck has the hull and arches intact and upright.
Or the Tiller wreck out of Pt.Dalhousie.(115ft max depth)

Sunday October 31. The Wexford out of Grand Bend. (top deck approx 60 ft. max depth 75ft)

Of course at this time of the year we will be watching the weather closely. The above dives are a suggestion and are still open to change. I am putting this out there to see who is interested in going out the Halloween Weekend. All dives would be 2 tank dives.

Pm me or send an e-mail if your interested.
sean@soscuba.com

Cheers

LOL

Will you be running regular charters next year as well? Unfortunately I now have two concurrent demands on my time for that weekend.........

Also how late in the season will you be running charters this year?

Season????

Actually it all depends on the weather. When the temps drop below freezing i MAY stop running for awhile. If i can find a way to keep the engine compartment from freezing then it all depends on the weather and if the lakes freeze over. I am working on it!
I will be sure to let you know if I stop running.

Cheers

Sean
SoScuba

Hi all.
The Saturday dive above is still going as planned. (weather permitting) The Wexford dive on Sunday has been changed to the Acme or two other wrecks out of Pt. Colborne on Lake Erie. There was not enough commitment for the Wexford.

Below is a message I sent out to those on my mailing list regarding a Dive in November. I thought I would post it here for all you Freaks.

Hi everyone.
So Scuba has been requested to run/host a charter to Bon Ehco Provincial Park on November 28. This dive is open to those who are comfortable diving in cold water and a bottom of 400 ft plus. Everyone with the proper skills and experience are welcome.This is a site that I have dove during my Trimix course. A limiting factor for this dive has been the very long surface swim from shore and back and an in water surface interval. This time we are fixing that. I will get you out there and back quickly. We will be there all day so you will be able to do your surface interval back on shore if you like. We will be able to handle a large group as I will be acting as a sort of shuttle between the shore and the dive site....... which is actually a sheer cliff that continues
below the water line into the abyss. There will be more details coming as we organize the rest of the particulars. I am going to see if we can get some sort of tent erected at the shore location to keep us warm while waiting for the boat or doing the surface intervals. Maybe someone can bring the hot chocolate and cider! Remember, this is cold water diving so make sure you have the proper cold water gear. So........ the
location is picked and the date is set. The rest is up to you. Let me know whos up for it. :theyareon
Below is the posting made on a LDS message board with highlights of the
site and info for diving there.

Cheers
Sean
416-844-6624

Original Posting:
Well you've all heard about Bon Echo, so now's your chance to come and try it. I've talked to SoScuba and we're going to use his boat. Bon Echo is an awesome place to visit and an even better place to dive.This will be a considered a technical charter, but recreational divers are welcome.

Some background info. Bon Echo has the largest collection of Native Pictographs in all of Canada. Bon Echo also happens to be the deepest lake in Ontario other than the Great Lakes. You can pick your depth 0-478'. There is a cliff 300' high and 1.5km long. The place at the wall that we will be diving goes to at least 400', probably a lot more. The depth varies along the wall. The wall is filled with big pieces of quartz and iron pirite (fools gold), so when you shine your light on it under water, it really lights up. Most will say that it's the most beautiful wall they have ever seen. The nice thing about this charter is that the lake is very narrow and we are guaranteed not to get blown off. We will go and get to dive for sure, even this late in the year. As most of you know, our prime winter wall diving location in Rockport has been taken away from us because of a
certain restaraunt owner up there. This will be a pretty cheap charter because Sean won't have to use much gas in the boat, just gas to get it to the site. It will only be $45. (plus gratuity - at least a 50%tip LOL)Some other things to be aware of. Bon Echo is extremely cold all year long because of the depth. So it will be cold and drysuits are a must. The water is also "tea coloured" water. Meaning that even with the best lights you're only going to get 20' of visibility. If you plan on going over 75' a canister light is a must for your own benefit. You must not have any buoyancy issues. If you start to plummit, there is nothing to stop you until you hit the bottom and that won't be a good thing.
Because of some recent events and concerns, the MOD of 21% air is 218' and we are going to make divers stick to that. Also any depth below recreational limits should be dove on Trimix. Specially in this environment. SoScuba and Dans Dive Shop do not promote deep air and will not allow it on his boat. If you do break this rule you will be banned from further charters, unfortunately this has to be said.

The date is Sunday, November 28. So who's in??? Hey look at the bright side of this, we won't have a 1.5 km swim across the lake like we did last November and during the Trimix course. Those with residual trimix in your tanks, this is a great spot to blow it off. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom