South Ari Atol in the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carolsarinah

Reaction score
# of dives
Thinking of going to the Hilton in the Maldives for US Thanksgiving. Any idea on the quality of diving that time of year? Am travelling with two small kids so my options are limited.

Thanks

Carol

Hi Carol

I've taken two dive holidays in Ari Atoll in November and although it is not quite high season it was great. There was a bit of overcast sometimes, but generally no showers and when so only very short ones. The visibility for diving was good and generally around 15 meters. This seems to be the manta migrating in this season, and if you are lucky you’ll see a few.

My favourite dive spot "maayafushi tila" should be within reach of the Hilton. There are so many huge schools of fish you don't know where took look. The macro environment is gorgeous and packed with colours, plus there are a few huge fans. You've also have sharks, turtles, eels, octopus and generally speaking fish everywhere you look. Another thing I like about the spot it that the top of the tila a.k.a. brombie or pinnacle is roughly 5 or 6 meters so you can stay there and watch the octopus and small fish while doing your safety stop.

Other popular dive spots in the area are "coral gardens" and "fish head", Ellaidhoo house reef, as well as a few wrecks.

In any case, I don’t think you can go wrong if you stay at the Hilton. It’s one of the best hotel islands in the Maldives, if not the best. The rooms are gorgeous, the food is apparently fantastic and the dive centre is run by sub aqua and so it should be top notch. I’ve booked my dive holiday with sub aqua before and have nothing but praise for them. They are very professional and give great service.

Have a great holiday :tree:

Sylvie

Back
Top Bottom