South Florida Dive Boats - last update 5/2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I have a question....
Why are the charter boats so small and expensive here? We are from Cali and we're used to boats that carry at least 40 divers and they feed you for 100 bucks which includes 4 dives. Are there any charters like this in Florida?

There are cattle boats that carry 40 divers and there are six packs. You take your pick. Runs are generally short to the dive site, making a morning and afternoon trip the norm. I've been paying around $50 a trip for two dives but haven't used a commercial boat in about a year so prices may have gone up. $50 for two dives or $100 for four, it comes out about the same, except for feeding, peanut butter crackers and fruit are a staple.

Guess that is the dif, I'm used to 1-2 hour Run to the first site then more time to next and so on. It just seems like most of the charters here are small. Like you said guess it evens out except for the food part. I'll miss that :-( nothing like having your own cook on board to feed you for cheap, LOL

Thanks

A great dive boat to go on is with http://www.splashdowndivers.com they are in Boynton Beach... One of the best reefs in S. Fla. Drift Diving at it's best.

For those of us that live slightly North,

There are four boats that need to be mentioned

Narcosis - Captain Ray Davis- www.narcosisdivecharters.com - Palm Beach
Starfish - Captain Craig Smart- www.idivestarfish.com - Boynton/Lantana
Deeper Fleet - Captain Leo Sand - www.deeper-dci.com - Boynton
Underwater Explorer - Captain Richard Glover - www.uwexplorer.com - Boynton

parrotdiver:
I'm scheduled with "Diversity" in Boca very soon. Is that okay?

Yes. Very much OK! Captain Tony is very good and runs a great boat. Many of us have dived from his boat. I have never heard any thing negative.

Did a trip today with this charter and highly recommend them. They have DIN tanks to rent for us travelers who are in need. Great profiles, nice sites, friendly captain. Had a great day and will certainly be using them again!

Did a trip out of Pompano with Conrad on Miss Conduct last week (3/4 & 5). Just want to be sure to echo what other folks have said (I got his name from this forum): He runs a good boat, great dives. Puts you where you want to go, in the areas that meet your needs. I wanted to lobster and ended up with about 12 for the two days we went out. Again, I highly recommend Miss Conduct charters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom