Southern Swampers...where are ya?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So...where is everybody? Just because we are all warm water wimps (Beast and Homey are the wierd ones) doesn't mean we can't post until spring!

We've seen ScubaTexasTony and AquaPup recently and we are all planning a trip to Balmorhea with Hoover and his wife in a few weeks. I saw Homey today briefly and I heard from ChrisPete last week. Other than that, I think the earth has swallowed some Swampers!

How about checkin' in....????
T.P.H.
Randy
GadgetGirl
Franscois
Lovetodive2
SwampThing
Fetch
GeekDiver

And all you other Southern Swampers I can't remember your names and/or haven't met yet.

Hey I am still alive and kicking. Went to Houston Hammerheads meeting the other day and saw a couple of Swampers. Was under the no diving orders from doctor till mid to late January. I am just waiting for it to warm up. Referee high school basketball and have been busy with that but its about over. Going on the HUC trip to Utila in April. Ready to go out locallyas soon as water temperatures are reasonable. When are yall going to Balmorrhea?

Hey Dee

I am alive and missing all my Swamper friends. Don't mean
to be such a stranger but have been super busy. Although
I am a wimp of cold water, I would still like to make it
to TL to see everyone. I'll keep watching the board and
hope to make a visit on your next trip to TL. I am ready
for summer. Should have my new equipment by then
and will be excited to get wet.

I'm still here too. Been staying busy closer to home, but have managed to get a little diving in. Haven't had the time to make it all the way out to TL in a while, perhaps me and Chris will make it out one Sunday.

The other sections of SB have kept me pretty busy posting too, not much going on in TSDT section that needs my unique attention!:D

Cya'll soon.

I'm still here but there hasn't been alot of activity on the TSDT section. How come I didn't see any post about a Balmorhea Trip?Was that one must have been planned at TL? I've been trying to dive this winter but my paycheck won't allow me to make trips every weekend to Mexico and I havn't saved enough for a drysuit yet. Dee whats up with Steve aka T.P.H. haven't seen him on the board in a long time.

Geek

I haven't seen or heard from Steve in a while. Last I heard he was working alot of hours and had recently been sick with something like the flu.

The Balmorhea trip just sort of developed over Mexican food one day with Hoover and his wife Nina, then Tony and Brenda joined in a few days later. We're all going to Roatan in April so we figured we could use a few tune up dives since we haven't been wet in so long. I'm really looking forward to getting my camera wet again, too.

Dee,

Sounds like fun. I'd like to go to Balmorhea some day but just thinking of that long drive makes not think to hard. Sea sports had a trip not to long ago and I was thinking about going but decided I better some the money for Christmas.

Geek

Yes the old bald guy is still blinding the unsuspecting!Doing fairly well on this end...finaly broke down and bought the wife a decent go to town ride.Didn`t have much choice seeing that the little terquois car blew its top!oh well..at least for once I got my munies worth out of something and even got one over on the car dealer!
Well last week I came down with an infected sist(sp?) on my forehead so now I have this extra eye or maby a good place to fix a blinker light for night diving!!!!!No puss included...I mean pun intended.:rolleyes:
Oh well..I miss ya`ll and sure am looking ahead ....ha ha...to getting wet soon!

T.P.H. once bubbled...

Well last week I came down with an infected sist(sp?) on my forehead so now I have this extra eye or maby a good place to fix a blinker light for night diving!!!!!No puss included...I mean pun intended.:rolleyes:
Oh well..I miss ya`ll and sure am looking ahead ....ha ha...to getting wet soon!

Gives new meaning to your s/n huh TPH? :D

since I am pretty much a newbie. I got a mask at a local LDS so that's one step in the right direction!! Been scouring ebay, trying to find other decent used gear. Other than that, I've been dreaming of diving and wishing for warmer weather. I also just started writing my dissertation (wish me LUCK!) and I am overwhelmed already. :book:
We are all recovering from flus/colds, and I hope this is the last of being sick for awhile. I am eager to do some diving soon! Hope everyone is well (literally). LOL

Back
Top Bottom