Southern Swampers...where are ya?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes... All those brains built up too much heat in their usage and something had to give!

I'm gonna miss seeing that little tourquois bomb of Deb's, glad you got her some new wheels, though.

Beast has a new project for the lake....gear benches to help control the gear laying everywhere and freeing up some tables.

Check in every now and then, would ya? :wink:

Just heard from a colleague of mine in Costa Rica who's on TACA's notification system. I haven't confirmed these rates with TACA, but it appears they're offering the following:

Book before Feb. 9th, Hou to Roatan $149.00
First ticketing date 2/4
Last ticketing date 2/9
Travel must be complete by June 15
Minimum stay: A Sunday night
Maximum stay: 30 days

ENJOY!!

yesterday after lunch. His back is better now and he has bought a shorty to put under that 3mil Hyperstretch and try the chilly waters. I told him as soon as the above water temps come up a bit, I'd venture a trip to TL to get wet....with the days gettin' longer and all.

Tell da' Beast I might have some short 2x6 treated that will make some nice gear benches.....will check to see if it's still here.

Figures a deal like that would pop up after I've bought tickets....LOL Hey Dee, give me a buzz so we can hook up one day and get my check right.....SORRY about that, thought about it all the way home last Friday....

Hope to see all you guys soon!

tony

hoover once bubbled...
Just heard from a colleague of mine in Costa Rica who's on TACA's notification system. I haven't confirmed these rates with TACA, but it appears they're offering the following:

First ticketing date 2/4
Last ticketing date 2/9
Travel must be complete by June 15
Minimum stay: A Sunday night
Maximum stay: 30 days

ENJOY!!

Looks good, doesn't it? Depends on how you look at it.

First, you fly first to the mainland to Pedro San Sula. With the departure time out of Houston, it's almost a sure thing you'll have to layover over night since the surrounding countries don't allow fly overs after dark. They don't take any chances, flights as early as 5pm have been held over. You'll have the extra expense of food and transportation and probably a hotel room for that night and the next morning. You'll be added to what ever flight going to Roatan has room for you, but your luggage will most probably be delayed. You may get it in one day or hopefully before you leave to go home. So it's now the second day of your trip and you've lost a whole day to travel, probably your luggage and you still aren't at the resort yet. You'll be using rental gear until/if your shows up.

The full fare I have holding is non-stop direct Houston to Roatan. Departure is also around 2pm. By 5:30, I'll be checked in, unpacked, have gear ready for a night dive and waiting on supper to be served.

That $149 (before taxes, transfers, fees, etc) doesn't sound so good to me now. There's more to a deal than the $$. I keep thinking about the old saying....If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Well, I didn't call them to verify any of the information. In fact, it didn't even occur to me to try to "swap" tickets for our trip. I just passed it along in case anyone felt like going to Roatan on their own.

Hoover...I know that!

It sounded like a deal to me too until I called and checked into all the details. Monetarily, the total comes to a bit less than half what we're paying. But because these are sale tickets where they are trying to fill in seats that were returned by travel agents, you'll be put at the bottom of the priority list and will take whatever comes.

I just wanted folks to think beyond that base price.

Just wanted to check in and say "hi" to all the fellow Swampers before I have to go back to cleaning up the coffeehouse this evening. Hope to see everyone soon!

Do me favor, would ya? Next time you come to the lake, bring me a bucket of that Spiced Chai Tea! You got me addicted to that stuff so it's only fair that you be my supplier. :rolleyes:

heh, seems that we're "dealing" a lot of chai nowadays. We have a few people that come in for their "chai fix" that curse us the entire time they're up here for getting them addicted. (For those of you out there in TV Land that think that the board's just gone to the pushers, chai is a highly spiced tea.) I'll bring some down to the next swampers meeting.

It is good to hear from everyone and hear what everyone has to say. I am a warm water wimp too but I will do shore duty during these cold months. See ya'll soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom