Sp 105 Mk V....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a link to a web site with a little history of Scubapro with a lot of pictures of most of the regulators. Many pictures of the MK5 evolutions.

http://www.scubacollector.de/html/scubapro2.html

The web site also has other great vintage equipment.

Scubapro finally e-mailed me back. They say 1965 was first production year for the MK V. Didn't say what last year was though. They really weren't that helpful, and kinda told me, Anyone buying one is on their own. They have some "soft parts" still available, but don't support anything else. Shame they don't support their older models.

And the Ebay price went too high for my blood.
I had it at $105, up until towards the end. It then suddenly shot up to $142.50
Even though it was guaranteed to be unused condition, that is over my budget for a vintage single hose reg.

Oh, thanks to all for the history lesson! I kinda like the looks of the vintage reg.s and even though I will have modern set, I want to have a vintage single, and maybe someday a double hose, but they are kinda high priced for now.

talon4477:
Scubapro finally e-mailed me back. They say 1965 was first production year for the MK V. Didn't say what last year was though. They really weren't that helpful, and kinda told me, Anyone buying one is on their own. They have some "soft parts" still available, but don't support anything else. Shame they don't support their older models.
Well...it's a 45 year old design that has not been produced in the last 20 years.

Look at it from another perspective...they don't make much money on repeat customers with regs like the Mk 5 and Mk 10 that basically last forever. So in my opinion it is great that they still supply soft parts, annual service kits etc. And to be honest, it's rare that anything else needs replacement unless the reg is abused poorly maintained or just plain worn out.

I COMMAND THEE... RISE FROM THE DEAD, YE OLD THREAD !!!

Just picked up one of these units on ebay, and went looking for some info on it (and of course google sends me right back here). Just throwing out a heads up...the seller has another unit up on the auction block...

My unit is still in transit, so I can't comment on the seller, or the unit just yet, but if it looks as good as the photos....

PS: DA Aquamaster, thanks for the excellent write up. Just what I was looking for!

my precious <cackles maniacally>

Attachments

• Scubapro105 2.JPG
    Scubapro105 2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 109
Nice purchase ZigZag. I have a few eBay purchases on the way myself. Really looking forward to working on them and diving them of course :)

Henrik

Hey Zig,
NICE!!!!!!!!
Great find dude.
What did it run you in the end?
Hopefully all the rubber is still supple and not needing replacement.

Arrived the other day.... This thing is new in box! All the hoses and rubber are pristine. I ended up spending more than i wanted, but them damn snipers were not playing nice. Got her for $150 (only wanted to spend 135), but figure its still a deal as used mk5's go for about 40, adjustable 109's (i know it a different model) go for 50, and the pressure gauge (never seen this on there, but one similar) go for 50... and thats for used, scratched, beat to hell gear.

Didn't get the deal of the century, but I feel it was fair, especially for the mint condition its in. She's in such great condition, I'll probably cry when she gets her first ding.

....danger to yourself and those around you....bad for the environment. Send it to me and I will dispose of it properly for no charge. I might be able to salvage some of the parts, but it's doubtful.

Nice purchase. Is that a SP brass and glass SPG?

Back
Top Bottom