Spearfishing with a rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son:
Like I said, I'm not trying to make you happy. It's my time in the woods.

Sorry, WayWard, I was just trying to have a little fun and illustrate your point about each group thinking the other groups were wrong.

I used to rifle hunt and archery hunt. I haven't spearfished, but just 'cuz it ain't legal inland.

I haven't hunted in a long time. The only thing I've felt like shooting lately is people who come into a hunting forum and rag on hunting.

Maybe the Underwater Hunting forum should be private, so you guys can discuss the subject in peace!

no worries. I'm ponderously unconcerned by what other people think about how I hunt. So long as they stay within the regs, I don't get cranked up over what they do, either.

HowardE:
Its illegal within Florida State waters.

As I understand though - there is no federal restriction against it.

Actually I beleive it is not allowed now in federal waters off the east coast of Florida but is allowed in ferderal waters of the Gulf of Mexico, and definitely prohibited in Florida state waters

O2BBubbleFree:
I think it's a matter of perspective. Thalassamania comes from the world of acedemia, where credentials are important.
It helps you to read between the lines and fill in gaps that always occur in on-line communication.

O2BBubbleFree:
I used to rifle hunt and archery hunt. I haven't spearfished, but just 'cuz it ain't legal inland.

Yes, spearfishing on scuba is legal in the lakes of Texas. You can shoot any non-game fish. This severely limits you to carp, sunfish, and tilapia.

TwoBit

At first glance, it struck me - Speargun and rebreather don't belong in the same statement...But after consideration, if legal in your area, and not offensive to your buddys... Hey why not ?
A lot of legal fish harvesting methods are far from sporting, and I'm not even sure that this one isn't , if it was my choice, (whitch it isn't cause I don't have a RB) I might give it a try - if it gave me the "bad" vibe, (if you know what I mean) I wouldn't do it again, but it could be good clean fun + Dinner!
If you decide to try, let us know.

Thalassamania:
It helps you to read between the lines and fill in gaps that always occur in on-line communication.

Oh, sorry. In my ignorance I thought that would be making assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

I prefer to ask clarifying questions, but that’s just me.

TwoBitTxn:
Yes, spearfishing on scuba is legal in the lakes of Texas. You can shoot any non-game fish. This severely limits you to carp, sunfish, and tilapia.

TwoBit

Thanks for the clarification! Somewhere I heard that it was only legal for Native Americans to spearfish in fresh water, and I believed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom