Spearing in Washington State

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, use a short gun, heavy shaft and bands with a rock point. You're gonna stick some rocks.

renaissancemanjoshua:
Does anyone have any experience spearing in Washington State?
Oh, and thank you for your service to the country. Becareful over there...

I assume you're talking salt water. The freshwater laws prohibit spearing anything except trash fish.

MNTDIVER- You are welcome. I do what I do so you can do what you do. I have some experience spearing Sheepshead down in California. What species are available in Washington? I noticed in the regulations that allowable species vary from place to place in the Sound while most fish are legal on the coast. Overall I assume Ling Cod, Cabezon and Halibut are the primary game, are there other popular species?

RICK- Yes I was talking about saltwater fish. I have never been anywhere where you are allowed to spear freshwater gamefish. Is that legal somewhere? Seems to me that most freshwater fish are small enough that they would be destroyed by spearing them. I'll stick to big fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom