Split fin versus Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here is my opinion,

Split Fins- I have owned, tested, and broken most of them. The only ones that are worth even a dollar are the Apollo Bio-Fins, not the XT or other ones they make, just the original. As much as I detest the marketing BS that Apollo throws about like it were true, the fact remains, for many divers they are a good fin that will solve many issues that divers have, so long as the conditions do not become challenging. BTW this is a $180-$230 fin

Force Fins- there are 2 main options here. The Original and the Pro. Prices vary from $140-$280 depending on who has what sale at the time, they can often be found on ebay for $40-$80 and they are as good used as they are new.
The difference between the Original and the Pro is that the Pro is made from a stiffer material that allows a lower kick frequency but you have to work somewhat harder per stroke. Because most divers stay relaxed and don't move very fast, I have found they prefer the stiffer Pro because it provides more feedback into your foot. For stronger swimmers (competitive types, or former competitive types) the Pro is a great fin, but I most strongly recommend the Original Force Fin as it will provide all the speed that you will desire without the stiffer feedback that will tire you faster. There is a ton more to discuss about them, but I will reserve that conversation for the ForceFin forum.

Back
Top Bottom