Spoiled by Coz, now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for Bonaire! I have been to Coz,Coco View and some others...if I was rich I would return to Tahiti..but its not cheap!
Bonaire is hands down my favorite..IMHO the food is outstanding! A nice mix of carribean and dutch clulture.The locals could not be friendlier!
The shore diving on your own schedule, doing your own thing without following around a group and a DM is priceless to me!!!

Check it out!

Drew

If you like that area of Mexico, you might consider a trip further down the coast to Xcalak, just above the Belize border. It's an end of the road location, but the diving was incredibly easy and interesting, lodging was very acceptable, and while eating out was more challenging then Cozumel, we did have some great meals. It's not a high traffic resort destination and there is not a time-share salesman to be found. We did it a couple of years ago for a week, after a week in Cozumel, and found the combination of the two "just right". We will definately return.

Personally I found both the diving in cancun and in the centoes better than cozumel..
the reefs in cancun is not as impressive, but when I was there it was better sealife. The cenotes is just a different ballpark alltogether.
One place id LOVE to revisit is Sharm El Sheikh, but given the fact thats in Egypt its probably gonna cost you a LOT more than cozumel does and require more time..

Personally I found both the diving in cancun and in the centoes better than cozumel..
the reefs in cancun is not as impressive, but when I was there it was better sealife. The cenotes is just a different ballpark alltogether.
One place id LOVE to revisit is Sharm El Sheikh, but given the fact thats in Egypt its probably gonna cost you a LOT more than cozumel does and require more time..
I can't say that I liked the diving in Cancun better but the cenotes where fantastic. With visibility like that how can you go wrong. I did Dos Ojos on a day trip and it was fantastic.

I would suggest Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan and Bonaire for your next trips. Great diving at both locations and healthy reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom