Springfest III April 23rd-25th @ Vortex Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clay, I think you have been doing just fine and I, as always, am happy to assist in any way! :)

When it comes to the date, since I was still at Vortex Sunday, Shane told Kraken he needed a date so he and I thought that the 24th would work out for most of us. It is not truly set in stone.

Hey Squid, how's the ankle?

Carolyn:shark2:

Last time I saw tha ankle it was more like a knee.

Help is good.

I was going to give Shane a call later this week. No need now as it would seem that IS the best weekend.

Cool so i need to mark it down for April 24

no... it needs to be discussed as a group.
If the group chooses the 24th.... then you can mark it down.

Look at the first post in this thread (quoted below). There was discussion this past weekend on holding it dates that were favorable towards tides.

Remember, the first Springfest was held with the idea of a weekend favorable towards tides.

also in regards to those in the tax season... (Denise, our "SB Accountant" said that anytime after the 15th is good for her).

so take a look at the dates below. THEN WE CAN CHOOSE AS A GROUP.
:thumb:

=snepdiverIn the past we have done Springfest after tax day so those of us that are in that business can make it. It was discussed last weekend at Vortoberfest the we need to do it when the tides are more in our favor since many of us head to the coast.
I am looking for some suggestions. The weekends of the 17th and 24th look good to me as far as tides go.

Please give some input and we will set the date this week so we can all reserve our sites etc.

Thanks Mike. This thread was started to allow discussion because I was accused of not doing it right or to suit some people last year.

Snep, I think you absolutely did the right thing by trying to get input to accommodate as many people as possible. Also, looking at the tides is a great idea. I am glad that the 24th seems to be working out for everyone that has responded so far because I sure wouldn't want to leave anyone out! We have such a great time at these events and look forward to them all year long.

Thanks Mike. This thread was started to allow discussion because I was accused of not doing it right or to suit some people last year.

Clay, I appreciate you taking the efforts to do this. and doing the right thing.

you are a stand up guy! :thumb:

-mike

So you going to come to the fest Mike? On whatever date is finally decided?

In all fairness to everyone, should we create a poll thread then everyone can vote on a date? (How do I do that feature anyway?)

So you going to come to the fest Mike? On whatever date is finally decided?

I hope so. look forward to the fun. just depends on dates/conflicts.

In all fairness to everyone, should we create a poll thread then everyone can vote on a date? (How do I do that feature anyway?)

I agree carolyn... a good idea. :thumb:

The best thing to do would be for Clay to edit his first post and add/create a pool in this thread. as the originator of the thread, I think he can still do that. That way he would keep it in the same thread. (no sense starting a new thread and creating more confusion/issues).

Click EDIT --> Go Advanced. then scroll down and look for the poll info.

for date comparison purposes.... here are the High Tides for St. Andrews for the weekends in discussion. Destin/East Pass will be about 30 minutes to an hour after PCB St Andrews. (depending on the day).

Code:
Tides for St. Andrew Bay Channel entrance starting with April 16, 2010.

Day        High      Tide  Height   Sunrise    Moon  Time      % Moon
           /Low      Time    Feet    Sunset                    Visible

F   16     High  10:21 AM     1.5   6:15 AM    Rise  7:18 AM      1
    16      Low   9:01 PM    -0.2   7:11 PM     Set  9:40 PM

Sa  17     High  11:09 AM     1.6   6:14 AM    Rise  8:05 AM      6
    17     Low   10:24 PM    -0.3   7:11 PM     Set 10:41 PM

Su  18     High  12:03 PM     1.7   6:13 AM    Rise  9:00 AM      12
    18     Low   11:42 PM    -0.4   7:12 PM     Set 11:39 PM

F   23     Low    2:36 AM     0.0   6:07 AM     Set  2:41 AM      62
    23     High   6:11 PM     1.0   7:15 PM    Rise  2:24 PM

Sa  24     Low    2:38 AM     0.3   6:06 AM     Set  3:17 AM      73
    24     High   9:36 AM     0.7   7:16 PM    Rise  3:29 PM