Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

florocean

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a diving school in Sri Lanka to get my Advanced Open Water certifiction, any recommendations?

Last October. I did several fun dives with Diving Guru in Unawatuna. Did not take any classes but observed a few of their instructors with students. The equipment they used was basic rental gear but in very good shape. There were only one or two students with an instructor. Classes were taught under the shade in the shop or on the beach. They had several boats and divided the students from the fun divers so I didn't see any of the in-water instruction. The boats were small but comfortable and had water, snacks, and the necessary safety equipment on board. Boats were launched from the beach versus a dock. Their instructors spoke several languages. Depending on the diving season, Diving Guru relocates their shop to other areas like Trincomalee. When I was in Unawatuna in October, the shop had just left Trincomalee for Unawatuna but there did not seem to be any start up issues with the change in locations. Diving Guru does provide free tuk-tuk pickup from several beaches north and south of their Unawatuna location. The diving wasn't the best since it was the start of the season, but I still enjoyed the dives because of the large number of nudis. I also liked the staff that I dealt with believed them to be both professional and safe.

Back
Top Bottom