SSI Indoor diver certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padi-card.jpg

:D

Kristopher

heheheh, I just found a place that will make plastic ID cards online for like $10/ea. Now I'm forced to wonder just how far I will go for a joke. :)

Kristopher

Really? I'm amazed that PADI didn't think of this first...lol. I realize that the intent of this is to give people more time working in confined water and getting more comfortable with the equipment and being underwater in general, it just seems funny to me. I also love that the website says in large letters at the top of the page "THE INDOOR DIVER CERTIFICATION - UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES!" Unlimited possibilities.....as long as you're in a pool... :D Ok, I'm done. SSI is a good cert program, this particular certification just struck me as being hilarious.
Kristopher
A few years ago I spoke with the instructor who creaetd this cert for SSI. It was designed to allow newly-trained divers (in Northern Europe in particular) to dive in pools without supervision until the weather cleared enough for local checkout dives. The Brussels NEMO pool (100 feet deep) is a perfect site for this.

And the cert requires four training dives deeper than 15 feet.

At least that's my recollection,
Bryan

PS. Wish we had a pool like that here during our Oregon winters.

A few years ago I spoke with the instructor who creaetd this cert for SSI. It was designed to allow newly-trained divers (in the European Low Countries in particular) to dive in pools until the weather cleared enough for local checkout dives. The Brussels NEMO pool (100 feet deep) is a perfect site for this.

And the cert requires four training dives deeper than 15 feet.

At least that's my recollection,
Bryan

PS. Wish we had one here during our Oregon winters.

I would love to be able to go dive the Nemo pool. I think that is an awesome idea. I wish we had one like that around here, too.

Kristopher

If you go to Jules Underwater Hotel in Key Largo you can sign up for the PADI Aquanaut certification. Out of all the off the wall certs out there, this one by far sounds the most fun.

Back
Top Bottom