SSI Stress & Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4Grainer

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My son and I are planning to take the SSI Stress and Rescue course. It states that you have to have CPR/First Aid/ AED with in two years. The local Red Cross only does online training, will this work? If not can we take the SSI React Right course either before or concurrently with the S&R course instead of what's available locally. It amazes me that we can get scuba certified in our town but not CPR/First Aid/ AED.

Doesn't SSI offer this type of course?
Yes, SSI react right. Alternatively, DAN offers a great diving First Aid Course that includes BLS/CPR/AED/O2/HMLI

The SSI by me doesn’t allow online cpr. They provide the DAN course as an option

My son and I are planning to take the SSI Stress and Rescue course. It states that you have to have CPR/First Aid/ AED with in two years. The local Red Cross only does online training, will this work? If not can we take the SSI React Right course either before or concurrently with the S&R course instead of what's available locally. It amazes me that we can get scuba certified in our town but not CPR/First Aid/ AED.
Check with your local fire department or hospital to see if they offer an in person class. The PADI EFR class is a nice one, that’s what I did. Might see if that’s available to you.

Back
Top Bottom