St. Andrew's night dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmenees

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anybody up for a night dive at St. Andrew's on Sept. 4th? Doccarl and I will be over there diving and staying in panama city for labor day weekend and were thinking about doing a night dive on Saturday. The tides won't be right, but we were going to go anyway, it will end up being right around low tide. Let me know if anyone is interested.

park closes at sundown, the only way I know of to do a night dive at the jetties is to camp in the park. Some of my dive club have done this, but so far I haven't.

I'm going to be in PCB that weekend. I have never dove the jetties or done a night dive.

Wayward Son is right, you have to camp there to dive at night. If you go just after low tide it will be a building high tide for the rest of the night and should be great vis. I'm actually going out with Dive Locker during the day Saturday so I'm not available to meet for the night. But if you want to meet up with me on the boat ask to be on the Narcosis.

Too bad about the camping thing - I knew that but it totally slipped my mind! I will probably try to hit the Destin jetties instead, I've never done a night dive so I would really like to go somewhere I am familiar with for my first one. Next time you go out on a boat out of the PCB or Destin area though hit me up, I am not familiar with many of the operators there but would almost always love to get on a boat ($ allowing).

St Andrews is indeed night divable with out camping. Just either need a Florida State Park pass with the current number codes, or simply enter the park before it closes and wait. Enter at dusk/predusk and take your time gearing up and by the time you splash, you'll have your night dive. Generally in the summer months you'll find other divers doing the same on the weekends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom