St Andrews St Park, Panama City July 19th & 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We might even get to see some sharks. I can not vouch for the accuracy of this picture. Everyone has Photoshop now. It looks authentic to my untrained eyes.

ar12140555772611.jpg

The claim is that this was taken from the jetty wall toward the beach in the "Kiddie Pool" area.

There is a whole thread on Sharks at PCB Jetties...

From what everyone can tell, it looks like a real picture. There were also stories in the local PCB paper about them and they interviewed the photographer.

I just thought a photo belonged in this thread as well.

Of course we need the pic on this thread also. After all, they showed up after I started this thread about the trip. They heard I was coming.:D

Can anyone tell me what the water temp is?

Grumby I am going to stop by a Deli on my way out that makes awesome chicken salad so we can make sandwiches with it or eat it with crackers. That will be my contribution to the pot-luck on Saturday. :)

I'll be heading out soon!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone and having some great dives!!! :)

We have got to get a tank filled in order to have two apiece and the dive shop doesn't open until 8am. We will just have to be at the shop when it opens so we may be more like 8:30 getting there.

Last edited:
Denise,
It was great meeting you! I wish we could have met up sooner so we could have gotten a dive in together. Dinner was nice, and I took one of their cards, that is one place we will go back to. Thanks Snepdiver for a great choice of where to eat. We had a good time. The vis was great on the jetties this time and good temps. Lots of folks at the jetties, more than I had ever seen there before. But even with the all the folks there, diving was good.
Buzz, Jimmy and I also went boat diving and that also was a great time....we watched Freddie feed a Goliath Grouper on the Navy Trash Pile. I wish we had taken our camera with us.
I hope we get a chance to dive together soon.
Tootles, Sheree'

Sheree' it was great meeting you, Buzz, Jimmy and the others from your dive group too. We had a great time also. Your bunch fits right in with this crazy bunch. :D

Well a little late but here goes. Jetties with Rick, Lisa, Jimmy, and Sheree'. Dive great saw lots of life and went all the way down to the channel. Saw that Rick and Lisa's bouyancy was much imporved-they are comming along greatly. Then dive inside of the wall. Great but current really picking up and had to stop. Went looking for and found Scubaboard bunch-Denisegg and her brood, someothers including Snep?( Never been good with names). Oh well, went to dinner with them that night in Panama City. Great food and even better company. Oh found out that it is really denise gg not denis egg. She has two kids that dive. Gives them something in common, but really costs her.
Next day boat dive. Need I say anything more than Capt. John and Better Bottom Time. However, Strength clear and loaded with bait fish. Then on to the Navy Trash yard. Giant Goliath Grouper that another guy fed right in front of us. The grouper just sucked it in. Wings and capsules to look at as well as lots of life. Great time by all.
Overall great to meet the scubaboard people, friendly and interesting, what more could you ask.

Buzz Brown

Went looking for and found Scubaboard bunch-Denisegg and her brood, someothers including Snep?( Never been good with names). Oh well, went to dinner with them that night in Panama City. Great food and even better company. Oh found out that it is really denise gg not denis egg. She has two kids that dive. Gives them something in common, but really costs her.

Buzz Brown

I fear that most of them know it is denise gg they are just in denial.:wink: One of the two is my son's friend but he is like one of my own. Yes it was Snep(Clay with his wife Kathy). It was great meeting you guys too. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom