St Croix USVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayor:
Well back to the cold weather after two weeks. Wow, St Croix is great place to dive, walls, wrecks, and tons of underwater life. Used SCUBA for all of our dives. I planed to use a few shops but SCUBA's staff and owners made us feel at home. All I can say is you need to check out this island and shop. Much better diving then the two sister islands. Thanks again for all your information.

Ssshhhh! don't tell anyone! :D

glad to read you had a good time.

What was your favorite dive site?

All the dives were packed with cool things and it is hard to pick just one. Salt River East and West walls was really cool. With getting all our gear this year I never picked up a housing for my camera. Scuba just started a rental program and we were the first. $40.00 for the rental and then you keep a 126mg card. I think the card is worth that. Anyway the price might change but it was really cool the have some shots underwater. If you want to see a few I can post them.

Mayor:
All the dives were packed with cool things and it is hard to pick just one. Salt River East and West walls was really cool. With getting all our gear this year I never picked up a housing for my camera. Scuba just started a rental program and we were the first. $40.00 for the rental and then you keep a 126mg card. I think the card is worth that. Anyway the price might change but it was really cool the have some shots underwater. If you want to see a few I can post them.

Please post them, and any good topside ones too.

Glad you enjoyed St. Crox. I have done a lot of diving there - I got my advanced certification with Ed Buckley ( from SCUBA) back in 1995. Last time we were there we bought a timeshare at Chenay Bay so we will continue to do a lot of diving there.

Sounds cool. Can't wait to get back to some blue water.

We are considering USVI ( St Croix I heard is best) and BVI, or Bonarie.
We have been to Caymans, and it is pricey. Beginner divers, looking for good colorful corals, walls, and such. Was St Croix worth going there ? DId you do north wall ? What about that Fred pier they talked about, get to it ?
What do you recommend when goign there ?
What dive shop or crew was good to use ?
Tell us your story, what did you do while there ?:crafty: :eyebrow:

St croix, Bonaire and Grand Cayman are all similar in underwater life. The benefit of St Croix and Bonaire is a lot of the sites are shore dives.

As to shops to use, everyone has their preferences which have been discussed several times in previous threads. I'm a part time resident of the island and I've dived with all the operators and prefer SCUBA, Cane Bay Diveshop and N2theBlue. N2 has the most comfortable boat. Scuba is the largest/most popular shop and with a larger boat goes to a lot of sites but only northshore. CaneBay has the least comfortable boat, but it's small and fast and along with N2 their instructors/guides have been there the longest.
Scribble any of the three on a piece of paper, throw it in a hat and pull one out. No matter what name comes out you'll be with a great shop with great staff.

Have a read of some of the previous discussions:
http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=4629810

What is the best spot in Cane Bay to goto ? We will go in June this year. Want to do some shore diving, and wall diving on northside. Thinking of staying at Chenay Bay cottages east of Christiansted... is it a good beach there ? any shore diving within the beach there , or do we need to get a ride to the best shore diving... ie Cane bay ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom