St Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Don the Zen system is very interesting and something we all can participate in. However, the Gypsys in American developed an inprovement to the Zen system. The system goes like this "If it is too cold to dive, Zen travel somewhere where it is not". It was a great idea and one I have adopted for my own as long as I can afford to do do. Dee, this is my advice to you also. However, if it is too cold for you to dive in Texas I don't think you are going to dive in NY even in August. The biggest problem with diving in NY during the summer is that it is a race to get in the water once you have put on that 7 mil wetsuit. The sweat comes off your chin in a one inch stream. It is however and interesting technique in weight loss.

Remora ...

... we all pulled into the local hang out and couldn't believe that the King had passed on.

No, No, I'm not dead ... sometimes in a bit of a ZOMBIE state with all the work, but not dead ... hehe

=-)

You are too funny Scuba Land . .
...the Zen system. The system goes like this "If it is too cold to dive, Zen travel somewhere where it is not".

... but I love it! :D

I'm doing the "Zen thing" and heading to Barbados in 17 days (not that I'm counting). :bounce: :bounce:

Where abouts in NY do you hail from? Do you ever cross the border and dive?

DiveLand

Wonderfull expresion. I useally go there just before sleep. When I'm tossing and turning and can't let go of the "dry" problems I always imagine myself in 4-5m of water slowely drifting deeper - perfectly balanced of course :sunny:- enjoying the wieghtless sensation and the scenery. Result: instant relaxation and sleep - long before the virtual bottle is empty.

DSAO

Going to St. Croix in August. Anybody dive with Dive Experience? Staying near Christensted, so I thought they'd be good. Appreciate any feedback.
mark

If you are going to St Croix try Cane Bay Dive shop. They have 5 locations on the island and a good friend is one of their instructors. Ask for Judy, I think she usually usually works at the main shop on the north shore. Check out their website
www.canebayscuba.com

smilies-41093.png

Check our Caribbean forum, and run a Search on Croix...

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP above to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

I'll second cane bay It is a great wall dive right from the beach and I'll add the fredricksted pier with scuba shack It is a shallow dive (max 40') but the most dense fish population believable.

Back
Top Bottom