St. Lucia advice needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Sailor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be heading down to St. Lucia later this month for a week or so with (unfortunately) limited diving time (although I am working on that issue). Since I may only be able to get a few dive outings in, I was wondering if anyone has advice for the "must see" dive spots. Is there anywhere that I should push to hit, or should I just go with the flow (literally)?

Thanks for any advice!

Kevin

The best diving is in the marine reserve area and I think better to the south by the Pitons. It depends on what you want to do. There are a couple of good wrecks. I thought the best diving was around Sourfriere and south to the Pitons like supermans flight which when we did that one, the current was minimal. It hs a reputation for being faster. There may be fuel surcharges for some dive ops for far south sites if they leave from northern harbors so check into that. The diving around Anse chastenet was good.
When we were there last (and it's been awhile) a hurricane had damaged some of the shallow reefs and I recall they were more to the north. I have not looked into their recovery. Southern sites were much healthier then. Maybe someone or a dive op will post on current conditions.
If it were me I would dive around the Pitons, Anse Chastenet and the wrecks in that order. I am more of a reef/wall person than wreck but that depends on the wreck and number of boats on it when dived.

Thanks Dale! I will be staying in the south of the island, so feeling lucky.

In case it's useful, here's a link to a trip report I made from a Cruise Ship stop. I dove 2 sites, Superman's Flight (which on my dive, by the way, also had really mild current) & Fairy Land.

Richard.

YW Lost Sailor. Last I knew, and I think still accurate, is that there are two ariports on the island and if you are staying far south but arriving north (near Castries) then it will be a long drive.

A long but beautiful drive. The main airport is in the south of the island 2+hrs away from Castries and the main tourist area. The airport in Castries is for shorter flights like the one we took to Union.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom