Need Advice on Buying a Used Halcyon Focus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sujoe

Registered
Reaction score
Hey fellow divers,

Complete newbie here in the world of dive lights. I've stumbled upon a deal for a used Halcyon Focus 2 online. Given that I'm pretty green when it comes to this, I was wondering if you folks could give me some tips on what to check before I commit to the purchase.

Just a heads up, I'm a good few thousand miles away from the seller and the deal is happening over the internet, so I won't be able to inspect it physically. Any advice or insight would be super appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Burn test for total duration and figuring out via picture if its one of the original 2 that tended to burn up or the newer 2 that doesn’t seem to. I think? if the beam pattern is four squares it’s the newer type. Power control switch should be smooth, as should be the focusing knob. Halcyon is pretty solid about repairs.

Burn test for total duration and figuring out via picture if its one of the original 2 that tended to burn up or the newer 2 that doesn’t seem to. I think? if the beam pattern is four squares it’s the newer type. Power control switch should be smooth, as should be the focusing knob. Halcyon is pretty solid about repairs.
Thanks. When is the newer 2 released?

Back
Top Bottom