St Maartin Cruise Ship diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Esox69LB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in port Saturday, Feb4th on the Carnival Victory ship. I looked forward to doing a scuba excursion, but the ship bookings seem to cater to inexperianced divers. Are there any recommendations for me?

No...I am very familuar with the dive operations in the west Caribbean....Mexico, Belieze..etc. Going there?

Pirate Divers.net

May I offer Scuba Fun as a alternate- good rates I think as well.Unfortunately the US $$ gets hurt for the Euro..Antoine,(the Mgr) is very accomodating.Picked me up from our Hotel on the French side a few times,This shop is also near the ships docking area. Been there twice.

St. Maartin dive sites are pretty much all suited for inexperienced divers. If there is any way you can get over to Saba, the diving is much more interesting and more suited to the experienced diver. There is a ferry and there is a plane. The plane flies low, so you don't have to wait after diving to fly. The ferry takes longer, and you may be a little green in the gills when you arrive.

I to, have read that Saba is more for the experienced diver.If you have the time,then I'd say go for it.Gambling on missing "your ships" departure.The other option is Octopus Dive shop on the North side.They offer more to experienced divers.Drop them a e mail.
Personally ,I think the write ups in Scuba Mag etc. about St. Maartin were true to their makeup of dive sites .I thought they were fine.To do a dive on a vacation ,in the ocean,in Feb.is a good thing.Taking notice of your location...Bonn voyage.
Greg:goingdown:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom