St-Martin - any local guides for hire for shore diving and/or 3rd buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Derail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Still not decided, buy my fiancé and I might be staying at Mercure Marina between Oct 10th and Oct 24th.

We both dive, though not aggressively like some of you do!

We prefer a two-tank shallow, shallower (50-60, then 25-30) than the grueling (for us!) 100 footer dives. Plus we don't dive on consecutive days, we put a day or two in between trips.

So when possible, I try to contract dive trips accordingly. Not Sylvie the problem (she's a dolphin) but me, I take a long time to equalize, especially when not diving for many months.

When I went to Maui, I was able to "hire" a local guide-diver, it was awesome. In Grand Cayman, got an extra dive shore dive (night dive) with the divemaster while Sylvie had a few drinks.

So, any locals? We both speak French fluently, I'm English, neither speak Dutch.

I have dove with Octopus as well and the first two dives with them are generally under 40 feet.
They go around a rock outcropping on the first dive and the second dive is in a grassy area that provides food for a lot of turtles. Probably saw over 20 turtles on the second dive.

Our later dives were deeper in more exposed areas.

I would recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom