St. Martin/Sint Maarten trip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ipasgas1

New
Reaction score
Any advice for divers heading to St. Martin/Sint Maarten as far as good, reputable dive companies????????

ipasgas1:
Any advice for divers heading to St. Martin/Sint Maarten as far as good, reputable dive companies????????

I think when I was there a little over a year ago, I used Dive Safari and had no problems. Don't have my log in front of me, but as I recall, it was a good charter. Drop a line with specific questions.

:wink:

ipasgas1:

Forget Saint Martin and go over to Saba for the day.

ipasgas1:

I have used Fun Scuba Caribe a few times on the french side.

very nice boat

look for their website and send Antoine an e

Been there twice and heading back in 15 days (woohooo). I got my OW cert. with Aquamania (Pelican Water Sports) and have dove with them each time. IMO, they have a great operation.

I agree, Saba needs to be on your list. I have never been myself but am going to try to make it this year.

Note. If you like steak, you have to try the Peg Leg Pub's filet mignon...oh my goodness....its the best.

Have a good trip.

Scott101:
Been there twice and heading back in 15 days (woohooo). I got my OW cert. with Aquamania (Pelican Water Sports) and have dove with them each time. IMO, they have a great operation.

I agree, Saba needs to be on your list. I have never been myself but am going to try to make it this year.

Note. If you like steak, you have to try the Peg Leg Pub's filet mignon...oh my goodness....its the best.

Have a good trip.
Are they in any way connected to the Pelican in Aruba?

I leave tomorrow and yes Saba is definitely on the list.

I just returned from a 10 day trip to Saba and can highly recommend the diving there. If you are visiting St. Maarten, you can take the daily ferry (The Edge) to Saba and have time for two dives before the return ferry goes back. Or, you could schedule a couple of days on Saba. You can also fly to Saba from St. Maarten - the flight is worth the price of admission - you will land and take off from a 1/4 mile long airstrip carved into the side of a volcano!

I dived with Saba Divers and stayed at Scout's Place. Although their operations are somewhat geared toward a European crowd, I had a great time and enjoyed the personalized service they offered. Other operators are Saba Deep and Dive Saba.

Good diving!

I went with Dive Safaris. Great operator.

They have 3 locations. Even when the cruises come in those divers go to the boats right by the ports, so those wind up being the cattle boats.

The third location is for anyone diving with them all week, and never get too crowded. The only boat that was really packed was the shark dive, but they only do that once a week.

Also dove with Saba Deep on Friday. Small operator (Big Mike and little Mike). Small boat, only 6 divers. Very cool guys, and unbelievable service. If you get seasick, DON'T take the ferry over, though!

Tim Ingersoll:
Forget Saint Martin and go over to Saba for the day.

Completely agree Tim. Not much to see in St. Maarteen but Saba is out of this world. Short boat or plane ride is well worth the effort.

It would be a real BIG mistake not to dive Saba while you're there. Getting from St. Maarten to Saba is an adventure in itself. If you go the ferry route, be sure and load up on your favorite motion sickness cure. If you go air, the landing is better than any "E" ride at Disneyland. (very short runway with a 1000' dropoff at the end.) The diving is some of the best and most pristine in the Caribbean. DON'T MISS IT!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom