STA design - unreasonable, intentional or just no one thinks about it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up making one with the upper slots below the top bolt hole.
I've since went with DSS STA-less single tank rigs.

That AGIR one pictured above seems to be the way to go if you want a STA design. IMG_0045.jpg

-Mitch

What is the problem? All I see is different companies making a product that looks the same. Are you basing the height of the tank on the cam bands?? For me I base the height of the cylinder per the top bolt hole, as this will keep the valve in the same horizontal plane as my doubles. My OMS STA has the top cam band over the top bolt, just where I like it because my double bands are in the same position. All I do is put the cam bands about a 1/2" under the start of the cylinder shoulder.

I have no permission. how can I fix it?

Do you have the equipment for fabrication? Most anything can be made with a saw, a drill, a few files, and some simple hand tools, but I must admit a plasma cutter, couple of grinders, and a belt sander do make it much easier.

Photos from this thread, although you might not be able to see it without opting in.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/solo-divers/370472-fish.html

89621d1297665401-fish-mach-v-wing-mounted-freedom-plate.jpg

89620d1297665391-fish-lead-mold.jpg

---------- Post added ----------

The problem is if you place the tank at the same height, with repect to the plate for double and single, the single tank can be too high. Think about it, in double, you have no first stage behind your head. The manifold is also lower compare to the tank value. You head has more room to "look up". With single tank, the valve + first stage reduce head room. But again, this may not be a problem for all divers. For some, it can be a hugh difference. I suspect this is especially a problem for smaller divers.

What is the problem? All I see is different companies making a product that looks the same. Are you basing the height of the tank on the cam bands?? For me I base the height of the cylinder per the top bolt hole, as this will keep the valve in the same horizontal plane as my doubles. My OMS STA has the top cam band over the top bolt, just where I like it because my double bands are in the same position. All I do is put the cam bands about a 1/2" under the start of the cylinder shoulder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom