Starting Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FeudalGooch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
Just posting an intro, I'm just starting out diving but digging it since the start. Always thought about doing it but never got around to it. I did a couple discovery dives back in May in Belize and picked it up fairly quick, plus it was great diving down there off Placencia. I ended up scheduling a short notice vacation to Hawaii in August but managed to get my open water cert (SDI) a couple weeks before the trip so I fit in a wreck dive while out there. Next week I'll be off Venice, FL doing a fossil dive. Next year I'll be in Guanaja, Honduras which I hear is pretty great.

I've also acquired some quality used gear recently so I'll be putting together a couple backplate and wing setups for gf and myself. Looking to learn a bit about that here and do some buying/selling.

Hello,
Just posting an intro, I'm just starting out diving but digging it since the start. Always thought about doing it but never got around to it. I did a couple discovery dives back in May in Belize and picked it up fairly quick, plus it was great diving down there off Placencia. I ended up scheduling a short notice vacation to Hawaii in August but managed to get my open water cert (SDI) a couple weeks before the trip so I fit in a wreck dive while out there. Next week I'll be off Venice, FL doing a fossil dive. Next year I'll be in Guanaja, Honduras which I hear is pretty great.

I've also acquired some quality used gear recently so I'll be putting together a couple backplate and wing setups for gf and myself. Looking to learn a bit about that here and do some buying/selling.
You've got some nice trips ahead! Welcome to scuba and welcome to the board. Enjoy. 😊

You've got some nice trips ahead! Welcome to scuba and welcome to the board. Enjoy. 😊
thanks, yea this year of trips has been wonderful, now if only my wallet can keep it up. Adding diving into my vacation plans certainly is not going to help that effort haha

Hello,

Welcome! I had a great time fossil hunting in Venice, visibility wasn’t great but we were there for the hunting. Boat got canceled due to weather so we did a shore dive and had a blast! I’m gonna try and make it out there in 2023 again. Which charter are you going with?

Welcome to ScubaBoard @FeudalGooch

Hopefully you will find most of what you need to learn here on the board outside of conventional courses and practical diving.

Welcome! I had a great time fossil hunting in Venice, visibility wasn’t great but we were there for the hunting. Boat got canceled due to weather so we did a shore dive and had a blast! I’m gonna try and make it out there in 2023 again. Which charter are you going with?
that's great you made the best of it. the charter is Aquanutz. I'm local-ish at least but i had to get on these guys' schedule a while ago. i think the others might've had better availability but i heard good things about these guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom