State Dept is Relaxing Parts of the Travel Warning for Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bet these people didn't think they were in any danger when they went to work this morning. RIP and prayers to the victims families.

Five dead, others 'gravely injured' in shooting at Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis

My point exactly. It isn't any more dangerous going to Cozumel, probably safer even, than going on vacation in the good old USA. Anyone can be in the wrong place at the wrong time, anywhere in the world. I feel perfectly safe in Coz, day or night.

I read it right here:

Are you saying @The Chairman is a) wrong and b) ignorant?

Because I think that's what you're saying.
The Chairman freely admitted that he is b) ignorant. So are we all, to some degree, about just about everything. So what?

I have read most of this thread (I admit to only skimming some of the more long-winded contributions) and I cannot figure what you are on about. You say you are frightened to go to Playa del Carmen because of the ferry incident, and we have all said that if you feel that way then by all means go somewhere else. No one is twisting your arm trying to get you to go there; what else is there to discuss?

There has been a lot of misinformation provided on this thread including by @The Chairman who said the guy who bombed the ferry is some dude who is in jail and he did it for the insurance money, while there is not one single bit of news to support this other than one article by a reporter who said "they know of a video that is in the hands of the authorities that shows some guy carrying a backpack onto the ferry but not back out again". In addition another poster above provided so called evidence that it was not the guy that was supposedly carrying the backpack that @The Chairman said it was.

I'm just trying to get the facts straight so I can make an informed decision about my next trip to Cozumel via Cancun and not be told I'm "ignorant" by someone who can't even get their own facts straight yet says the information is "easy to find".
I seriously doubt you will be able to get any more or better information than you already have. Let it go, unless you are bound and determined to be proven "right" on the internet. If that's what you are after, good luck with that.

I seriously doubt you will be able to get any more or better information than you already have. Let it go, unless you are bound and determined to be proven "right" on the internet. If that's what you are after, good luck with that.
Ignore silex. He is a troll and rabble rouser.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom