Staying warm between dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Up here in the Pacific Northwest, I don't recommend students remove their wetsuits in-between dives unless there are a great number of hours in-between (i.e. morning dives to a nigh tdive timeframe). For shorter surface intervals, I would think you lose time and you'd get more chilled completely removing the wetsuit. As was posted above you're core will not re-warm to standard temp.

When I am wetsuit diving, after getting out of the water I will immediately put on a fleece cap that comes down over my ears, then a large fleece right over my wetsuit (b/c it can ring out quick anyway), then a rainproof jacket (non-breathable to cocoon me and keep the body heat I do have), and fleece gloves. I also pack a fleece scarf, and those hand warmer packets you can pick up from REI too and use them when necessary.

My goal here is to preserve the body heat that I do have. If I am able to get somewhere with a heater, then I would seek it out. If not, like when I am boat diving, I cover up as indicated and stay out of the breeze. :)

jiveturkey once bubbled...
Try a thermos of soup and some hot coffee. Always makes me feel better.

In one thermos? Sounds awful... :chuck:

don

dandydon once bubbled...

In one thermos? Sounds awful... :chuck:
As long as they don't attempt to pour the concoction into their wetsuits to warm up...........:eek:ut:

Not even 'Sink the Stink' could cover that up.......

jiveturkey once bubbled...
Try a thermos of soup and some hot coffee. Always makes me feel better.

As Willie said to Joe once, in the famous Bill Mauldin cartoons: "Drop them cans in the coffee real gentle, Joe, they is a chicken stewin' in the bottom!":wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom