Steel LP 130...too much gas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with this. I use 130's (as single tanks, I own two) and the only sense in which you could say "too much air" is that the first couple of dives after switching from an 80, you might find that NDL are real things to be considered.

Based on the tables, and the type of diving that the OP said he was doing he would have to be cutting his air supply real close to get into deco obligations, even with 130cf of gas.

I dive an HP120 with a Zeagle ranger. No problems handling one big tank. Lotsof air etc...Buy it.

I own the x8-130 and love it. In fresh water I've discarded ALL lead and saltwater only cost me six pounds.
I'm 5ft 7in and the size of the tank is perfect for my trim, I also dive with a LP 104 and get the same feeling .
If you can ,dive a few different types of steel tanks before you buy.

I'm still curious as to whether this is an LP or HP tank. Phreak, any chance you could post a picture of the markings on the neck of the tank?

According to the seller, my usual dive buddy (an ex instructor and pretty good friend) - yes it really is a LP... wish I had a photo of the markings right about now.

Back
Top Bottom