Stetson Bank Only Trip Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just went out to the Gardens in June on the Fling. They're were throwing around the idea of a Steston only trip. The Steston Banks rocks. How much did they charge?

khacken:
Ahh, cool Lukie. I am really getting excited about my trip now!

It only get more exciting from here on out. I will tell you that I barely slept on the trip out there and kept checking my watch to see if it was time to get up. It was just like I was a kid again and it was X'mas morning. I will tell you the frist step off the boat is a little un-nevering. Just relax and time it so the boat is in the bottom of the wave before you step off. This way you will only drop 4-5' instead of 6-7'. Once in the water get to the side line and wait on your buddy after that it is just like CSSP just with better vis, some current, deeper depth, and different critters LOL. Relax and have fun. Congrats on the rescue cert

hsnowden:
I just went out to the Gardens in June on the Fling. They're were throwing around the idea of a Steston only trip. The Steston Banks rocks. How much did they charge?

The trip was $470 with Nitrox included. Cokes and beer where extra, remember the frist beer is your last dive of the day. I am hoping to talk Debraw into doing another Stetson trip next year. It is well worth it

RTRski:
BTW, are the jellys still out in late Aug / early Sept?

Actually i am not sure. I have done Sept trips before and no jellies. The jelly stings only lasted a minutes and were not that bad. They were just little stingers.

wet-willie:
I hope someone took some pictures. I love those pictures. :)

Debra, can you post your profiles from your computer, or at least one?

Willie

I will load my pictures on my site in the next day or so and then post a link. My profiles were anywhere from 79 feet to 98 feet for an average of 33 minutes to as long as 48 minutes. Using nitrox really helps and diving with a buddy that can last as long as me was a challenge. I can really go about an hour at that depth and on nitrox but it is pushing the limits and I get the really long hard look from my husband if I go that long, to often. I try to stay at 1.4.

Lukiedukie:
Once in the water get to the side line and wait on your buddy after that it is just like CSSP just with better vis, some current, deeper depth, and different critters LOL.
If only FG was only 2 hours away and cost $20. Now that would be some sweet dreams. :)

Willie

Great trip report. I'm going to the Flower Gardens on Labor Day. Hopefully, the trip doesn't canceled.

Debraw:
Actually i am not sure. I have done Sept trips before and no jellies. The jelly stings only lasted a minutes and were not that bad. They were just little stingers.

Thanks - not too concerned, just curious. I usually slather on enough sunscreen that it blocks the nemacyst-whatever-dohickeys anyway. At least I've never been stung in the Carribbean to my memory, either, even when gliding thru a cloud of the little guys.

Anyone have any suggestions for a B-n-B to stay over somewhere nearby for the night after, rather than driving right back up to DF-dubya?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom