Sticker SHOCK!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimLap:
I got a quote for 25 per tank/valve to O2 clean as long as they did not need tumbled.

My $20 included tumble but not valve, valve service was about $10.

Well I made some more calls today and had a very nice conversation with a DS owner.
The upshot is 32.00 per tank and this includes an EANx21 fill. I supply the new valves, which I ordered from Diverite, today.

Additionally, I put some thought into the comments on this thread and will make some changes. I am mostly self sufficient and there is no reason for me to rely upon DSs for o2 cleaning. I will learn to do it. I am going to take the PSI Certification course. I don't VIP my tanks now so this will qualify me to ignore the "tradition". I put the oxyhacker book on my list for Santa. The kids need stuff like that to get me. I hate getting ties and underwear.
No, I won't be mixing gas but at least I will know something about it. I'll still need to eddy a few of my old tanks but that is minimal and I tend not to use those tanks much anyway.

As usual, I want to thank everyone for their input and the fuel for thought. This bulletin board is GREAT!!!:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom