Stiff paddle fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the suggestions. Do the colors reflect the stiffness stiffness on the Volo?

Halthron:
Thanks for the suggestions. Do the colors reflect the stiffness stiffness on the Volo?

Nope, just your fashionability. Honestly, I'd be shocked if you find the Volos stiff enough. Just like you, I have the Rondines as my paddle fin...they seem stiffer than the Volos by a pretty good degree. Maybe...just maybe...the Tusa Tri-Ex fins will do the trick.

Halthron,
The volos are not designed to be stiff. We make a black color to support the Navy Seals. Otherwise they are the same. If you are looking for a strong power fin, that will be a little stiffer, I'd go with the new Quattro Excel fin. This has massive amount of power, and a little bit of our optimal pivoting blade technology making this a super strong fin to swim with. Also a great comfortable foot pocket, as is with all of our fins.

Sincerely,

How about the Dive Rite fins? I recently bought a pair and they seem quite stiff, but I don't own any jets to compare them to.

I've got a pair of Mares Quattro Excels, they are a fantastic fin, I do love them, great for the power they deliver. However during my DM course I did my equipment exchange with a guy who was using the Mares Volo Power fins. I found how soft they were fantastic, I really liked the way they didnt kill your ankles or calves evening when finning really strongly against a current. The only thing putting me off buying a pair, is this little quandry. Can you frog kick effectively in them?I didnt try it when I had them on and now no longer have the chance, they just look a bit soft for that kind of kick. I do alot of sand and wreck diving. Consequently I spend a lot of time frog kicking to stop the kick up of the sand in my customers faces behind/around me!

Freds :coffee:

Absolutely you can frog kick. One of the selling points for the Volo's is their ability to facilitate any kick stroke you "kick" at them. And they do it with ease.

get caravelle fins. They are really really stiff and generate alot of power. They have a long blade for an open heel fin. i used to hate them because they were too long and too stiff, but now i will swear by these fins. I also heard that alot of spearfishing divers love to use these when in cold waters, so that could be the reason for the long blade...

Evil:bgmad:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom