Stiletto BX Coupler Cracked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regul8tor

New
Reaction score
I have about 35 dives on my Stiletto and I love the BCD but unfortunately I cracked the plastic BX coupler by slightly over tightening it when rinsing it out. Not sure if this is a a common problem or not but I kick myself for doing it, especially when I later read the manual and on page 26 it says to be careful not to over tighten the coupler when attaching it to a water hose. Although it was my mistake, I was a little surprised at how easily it cracked. I'll know better the next time.

Any idea where online I can buy a replacement BX coupler or one that is a little more durable and will stand up to salt water diving? Has anyone replaced these before?

Thanks for any advice.

Zeagle has been very good about customer service in the past, don't know about now with the change in ownership. Email or call them about a replacement.

I emailed them and they told me "to contact some of our largest on line retailers if you already haven't such at Leisurepro.com, Scuba.com and Scubatoys.com. Any one of these should either have the part for you or be able to get the part if they do not. " And then to contact them again if these stores couldn't help me.

I didn't see the bx couplers on their websites so I'll have to call the stores as requested.

The hunt continues.

Thanks for the info. and advice above.

I was able to get one through my LDS. Zeagle part number 342-7234-AA for $15.00 CAD. It is the female BX Coupler with a new pin.

Thanks for the guidance Diver Steve. I will install it later this week so I am ready to go for the spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom