still torn on reg decision...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Zeagle Flathead VI which i love (except i dont get support in the area).

Why are you looking at the Zeagle DS-V/ZX when you can probably top up a little more for a much better reg?

Scubapro sounds like a good choice, but i would stay off them because their annual maintanence is not cheap. They have their own tools, differentiated parts etc.

Go for the zeagle, you cant go wrong.

parheric:
Yeh, ScubaToys don't advertise ScubaPro products since any scubapro product sold online is void of any warranty (there was a letter directed at LP). So if I buy it'll be in person or via person who can post it too me.

Leisurepro is not an authorized dealer. Any SP regulator you buy from them will not have a warranty. That is not the case with ScubaToys. You can call them and order any regulator you want plus get a discount for being a scubaboard member. Their shipping is very fast.

Just buying online doesn't void the warranty, btw. If the seller is an authorized dealer your regulator will be warrantied. How long that store continues to be an authorized dealer is up to ScubaPro if they continue to sell online after being warned.

Give Joe a call at ScubaToys. He can probably work with you. Mail order doesn't work for out of state either.... Just from one of the grunts that answers the phone at ScubaToys.

Also, Mfgr warranties also clearly state that online & mail order products are not warrantied.... Best way they've found to keep the prices up I guess.

I've found that Leisure Pro buys allot of their stuff out of country (gray market???).

I've not had any issues from either place with any equipment I've bought.

You might also give Gene at Zeagleexpress a call. He is also very good to work with.

uglyredshoes:
I use a Zeagle Flathead VI which i love (except i dont get support in the area).

Why are you looking at the Zeagle DS-V/ZX when you can probably top up a little more for a much better reg?

I thought the only difference between the DSV and the Flathead was that the first stage was a little larger. Both have Venturi Switch, Cracking control, both are environmentally sealed, both have heat transfer...

Didn't see alot of difference (to the untrained eye that is!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom