Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
drbill:
I'm surprised at the reaction of several posters here.

Why are you surprised by reactions?

Can't say I'm surprised, but a huge loss for australia.

condolances to the family.

hi guys

People are pretty shocked down here at this.

The news reports are Steve was scuba diving Batt reef filming a new documentary and which the reef is just off Port Douglas and north of the Low Isles. Steve was diving and the rays barb pierced Steve's heart @ 11 am and they believe he went almost immediately.
The boat he was diving off croc 1 rushed to low isles where the reef transport chopper was waiting but they said he was gone and announced at 12 noon.

There not quite sure why the ray attacked him but are speculating about reasons.

His wife is in Tasmania which is several hours flight from Queensland as she is hiking down there.

Whether you liked Steve or not he did alot for conservation, putting Australia on the map and he was a good family man that adored his wife and kids to the absolute extreme.

He will be missed here in Australia as like it or not he was one of a kind man that loved his life, what he did, his family, his country and tried to help all live better lives.

I was shocked by the news!

My condolences to his family.

Wow... I'm in shock... My prayers to his wife and children.

I must have read at least ten news reports about this and still can't believe it really happened.

Very, very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

It is nice though, to see how he played a positive role and was an inspiration to so many of us. He will be greatly missed.

A real shame - he was an amazing personality. Of course, he broke every rule in the book about interaction with wildlife, and in many ways it's a surprise he lasted this long. Still, some people are to be watched but never imitated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom