Stolen Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaxs:
wow, I am so sad :( As a student, I would literally die if my gear was stolen.... there is no way I could replace it. Speaking of which, is there diving insurance that pays for this? Im going to Mexico next week, and I am taking a bus from Tucson to Guyamas, so I want to make sure I am covered. Where can I buy insurance?

Shaxs,

Check out D.E.P.P. I insure my gear with them. $250 deductible and costs less that $100/year for $4000 worth of gear insured. DiverRick got his stuff insured through State Farm and I think that he said there is no deductible. I keep meaning to check them out but haven't yet.

T.J.-

I'm sorry to hear about your gear.

This sucks.......I'll keep an eye out.

Oh TJ!!!

I am SO sorry!

Hopefully it will turnup soon and you can kick their *&&@! to the moon and back!

Will keep an eye out.

Kirstin

Sorry to hear about that TJ.

Was the gear marked, so that we could more easily identify it?

I'd be willing to do some OOG drills with these people. :D

Christian

Thanks for the support, guys and gals. There are two ways to look at this.

:eek:hyeah20: 1. I have to buy new gear.

:D 2. I GET to buy new gear!

I guess I'll try to be a half-full kind of guy!

Did they steal anything from inside the cab (ie; stereo, cd's...), or do you think they were specifically targeting scuba equipment? Are you suspicious of any neighbors who know you dive?
Check newspapers and other classified adds.
More than having to replace stolen property, I hate the feeling of being violated like that. Wouldn't you have just loved to catch them in the act?
Hope all works out well, and quickly for you.

Well, as manager of a new dive shop, I had an ad for the dive shop on the tailgate. I'm sure that it acted like a 'Good stuff in here to steal" banner.

JustAddWater, yes, I would have LOVED to catch them in the act. I'd enjoy telling the story to the cops. "Yes officer, when I surprised them, the first guy cut his partners throat with my knife he was stealing, then fell on it six times, back first. Darndest thing I ever saw."

Back
Top Bottom