Stolen Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working for a dive shop, I guess the one good thing we can bring out of this is that you can get insurance covered for the full retail plus sales tax, and then maybe you can buy it all with some deals and hookups. Had this happen to me once, I ended up with better equipment and a bunch of money in my pocket, but then that was a car accident, and the adjuster really had no clue what they were looking at.

Even though I'm tempted sometimes I never load my gear in my vehicle the night before I go diving for just that reason.

I would definitely be looking closly at my neighbors if I were you. Someone went to alot of trouble to break in your truck not to know something was in there.

Thank you, everyone. I am pleased to announce that I have all new gear, even better than before, and it is never in my truck!

Check with the area E-Bay storefronts that are popping up too. That might be a way for them to get teh items out of their hands so they don't get caught with it in their possession. Of course, the shop will have details of name, address, phone, etc.

Just a thought.

AlaskaDiver:
Check on Ebay! My neighbor found her stolen camera housing there! I'm with the other folks leaning toward thinking that it is the locals stealing. LDS's here have similar problems.

PhotoTJ:
Thank you, everyone. I am pleased to announce that I have all new gear, even better than before, and it is never in my truck!

Did you do a home owners insurance claim, or did you have special insurance???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom