Stop the Development Mentality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not talking about a court battle. If we wait untill we can scientifically prove the damage is due to developement, it may be a murder rather than an assult. I think we should hit them in the wallet. Dive travel organizations should put an ultimatum to Starwood, change or stop the plan or Starwood properties are not an option for dive travelers. Splash the silty muck on worldwide TV so selling the upscale units of the proposed St. Regis will be very hard. Let prospective buyers know that we will drag them through the muck for the purchase a unit there.

catherine96821:
IBUT, Howard, get your facts straight before you start getting pompous and making slams about politics...and my boat. :wink:

Catherine,
IF you had read my post , you would have seen that I did not slight your boat or your
politics.

I said: "Does every thread in this forum have to digress to a discussion of Catherine's boat or politics or blathering about somebody's heritage? "

I was pointing out that many threads in this forum eventually end in a discussion of one of those topics - regardless of the original subject. Lately I find many of the political comments highly offensive. In the past several weeks, I have seen Americans, Canadians and French insulted and a lot of bashing by both liberals and conservatives. I don't think that is the ohana spirit. Don't you guys realize that people have feelings?

I have several examples:

Stop the Developement Mentality ---------- Ulua Reef
Responses:
"yea, I am tired of the snide Bush comments."
"don't get me started on W...I hear the jackboots of tyranny a marching..."
"Maybe you can write some letters about the oil spills that are not cleaned up in Canada?"
(Sent to an American citizen)
"oh yea? Well, our Marines are getting dropped like flys and they cannot return fire unless they know the identity of the shooters.... "
"OK, Nice come back but could you pick someone besides a bunch of frenchmen in speedos to contact?"

BTW --- A frenchman in a speedo was instrumental in developing the aqualung and was a pioneer in marine conservation. He is one of my heros.

What is this bad boy doing? -------------- COT behavior
Responses:
"My deckhands and dive buddies are bailing on me already......I heard that Vblue may be diving with Catherine this weekend, once he gets a taste of the "Good Life", he won't be back......"
"sorry howard.. when i replied last, i seriously thought we were in the "catherine's boat damaged" thread.."
"So...don't be so crochety. It is a message board.....we talk, we dive. on boats."

"I will stick up for Howard on this.......... I know you put in an answer about COT's, but it was very rude of you to call him crotchety."

---------------Hey SOMEBODY read what I said!!

"Maui Dive Shop boat sink[ing] -------------
"Canadians are so much more highly respected in terms of adapting to other cultures that *AMERICANS* try to masquerade as us"

I hope that this situation changes.

Personally, I could care less about anybody's opinions of the current administration.
I'm certain you do not care about mine. As for your boat I really like it.

BTW - my name is MARK

M

"On topic is good. I would be very interested in which groups are concerned about the development at Ulua and the impact on the reef - and just what the concerns are. I would be happy to volunteer to help document changes to the reef ecology, and I know many other Ulua divers that would be willing to help as well. Do you have any contact info?

Also - anyone that thinks that development is slowing on Maui is confused. There are many projects which have just started and many on schedule to begin soon.

BTW - I wish more people could stay focused and on topic -- and keep their political opinions to themselves."

Were you not you just saying that you wanted this to "get back on topic and leave politics out of it"? So it's OK for you to state your opinion but everyone else is out of line becouse this is an environmental thread? How very typical.....

One more time. You post that you want this thread back on topic then spend a great deal of time quoting people, mostly out of context to make your point, that has nothing to do with the intent of this thread. If you take that as an insult, then Im clearly hitting way too close to home for you.
If you don't like the direction some threads go, you have the right to not look at them.

Im all in favor of stoping sea side development esp super hotels. When the author of this thread decided to add a political bash in there, he kicked the hornets nest.

Wildcard:
One more time. You post that you want this thread back on topic then spend a great deal of time quoting people, mostly out of context to make your point, that has nothing to do with the intent of this thread. .........

Dude you have a point. I should probably have stared a new thread instead of quoting Catherine's post (in this thread). However in my response I did quote complete sentences and not clip out words or fragments -- in an effort to avoid being accused of out of context. You can read the complete posts if there is any confusion of intent. Now this is my last entry in this thread. Please do see my new post - where I point out that scubaboard policy agrees with me on the political issue - a policy that you sir agreed to when you joined this forum.

M

BANG! This horse is now dead....

Bring out the sticks, it's time to give that horse a good beating (can't believe I kept my mouth shut on these 'non-political' threads)

I have a good question----why do they give us these guns in here?

The smiley assortment almost encourages you boys to get rowdy.

I say ban those, I think they promote internet violence.

Poor Steve....hey, I don't think you meant any of this to happen. It was an innocent remark, we all know that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom