Stopwatch location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes you don't want the stopwatch to be your primary deco timer. The Tec2G has a resettable stopwatch and while it seems nice at first (I had one) it ends up being a crutch like GPS in the car killing any and all map reading skills.

Otherwise watches are backup for deco and more for the time of day. Most gauges don't do the time of day well (and when they do people often don't reset for daylight savings blah blah)

I'm curious: Why do you not want the stopwatch to be your primary deco timer??

Peace,
Greg

I'm curious: Why do you not want the stopwatch to be your primary deco timer??

Peace,
Greg

Cause you'll end up bumping and resetting it at some point. You'll glance down and know you've done way more the 45secs of deco but can't for the life of you remember at what time you bumped it.

The Tec2G (for instance) will show total time and stopwatch time simultaneously, just be sure you know where you are in the schedule from the non-resettable total time. Otherwise you'll end up having to ask your buddies how much time is left for the stop or O2 cycle, which is a rule #6 violation... :cool2:

Cause you'll end up bumping and resetting it at some point. You'll glance down and know you've done way more the 45secs of deco but can't for the life of you remember at what time you bumped it.

I don't think this will be an issue with the new Liquivision Xen bottom timer, accidental resets will be pretty hard to do but pretty easy when you want it. Nice unit.

I don't think this will be an issue with the new Liquivision Xen bottom timer, accidental resets will be pretty hard to do but pretty easy when you want it. Nice unit.

Thanks for reminding me about that, I'm really trying NOT to spend $500 on it on impulse :wink: .

Peace,
Greg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom