Storm NATE 10/o7/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Could affect air travel...

image.jpg

As of 8:30 am Thursday the storm is expected to pass near Cozumel as a tropical storm. Eventually becoming a hurricane level 1 when nearing Louisiana.

Dave

While the projected track has moved west towards Cozumel overnight, Wind Guru's forecasted winds have slacked off. I suspect that now that the track has it over land in Nicaragua and Honduras longer may account for a weakening. I would expect that the airlines will make a decision on tomorrows flights for Cozumel and Cancun this afternoon.
upload_2017-10-5_10-20-35.png

I think one site is forecasting 3-4" of rain in Cozumel Friday, so expect flooding in places.

I have a trip to Coz planned for next week. Does anyone know what diving might be like a few days after an intense storm passes?

Bad vis for at least 3-4 weeks.

I am planning to be there Sunday and diving on Monday. I'm anticipating lessened visibility due to the inherently aggressive wave action associated with a storm of this type.

May see you there.

Cheers - M²

I have a trip to Coz planned for next week. Does anyone know what diving might be like a few days after an intense storm passes?
Keep in mind that Coz is expecting a storm, 39-73 mph winds with rain all day Friday, not a hurricane. Flooding is the biggest risk in either, yeah, and there will be some - but nothing like the disasters in the news lately. By next week, you probably won't notice anything really. Some sites may be a little murky for a while, but others will be clear - and your Op will take you to the good ones. Have a nice trip.

That's the worst case scenario, but the worst case scenario is not that likely. The current usually sweeps things out pretty quickly.

Hopefully so.

I was in Isla Mujeres 2 weeks after Earl passed over Belize in August 2016. The vis still sucked. Our boat trip to swim with whaleshark was cancelled. We ended up diving in cenote in Playa Del Carmen area, which was great.

IMG_6410.jpg

Just check out how the diving like after Irma in the Keys & Jupiter: Keys Dive Operations Post-Irma: Who will be opening, and when?

Back
Top Bottom