Stowing the long hose when back on the boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the reg isn't in your mouth, it should be clipped off on the right shoulder. That's just SOP.

I agree with @TSandM, just leave the hose dangling if you're going back in soon. You don't want to get your harness halfway on and discover the hose still looped up behind your head.

If you want to stow it for the ride home, then a few loops around the tank/isolator valve and clipped to the right shoulder do the trick.

Of course your necklace reg hangs nicely off the tank/isolator valve by the bungee. You can use the bungee to help keep the long hose in check too. But again, I wouldn't do this unless I was done for the day or on a very long SI.

I do always keep it clipped off when not in my mouth. Just talking about hose. Good idea about the bungee, I'll play around with that too.

If the reg isn't in your mouth, it should be clipped off on the right shoulder. That's just SOP.

I agree with @TSandM, just leave the hose dangling if you're going back in soon. You don't want to get your harness halfway on and discover the hose still looped up behind your head.

If you want to stow it for the ride home, then a few loops around the tank/isolator valve and clipped to the right shoulder do the trick.

Of course your necklace reg hangs nicely off the tank/isolator valve by the bungee. You can use the bungee to help keep the long hose in check too. But again, I wouldn't do this unless I was done for the day or on a very long SI.

I clip it to my bungee, and then on the right chest. That way, when I am suiting up, the bungeed second is right there.

With long hose clipped to the chest dring, just take the excess hose and place it over the isolator. If you like things extra neat and tidy for the way home you can then take the crotch strap and put the loop the waist buckle goes through over the isolator also. Then all the other dangly bits can be tucked in behind the crotch strap.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom