Straps for Cressi Matrix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcsean:
That's a pretty sweet system. Never actually seen it before. I bought the velcro and have never had a problem with it. What kind of dependability issues have you had with velcro ones? To be totally honest, if I was the slightest bit worried I'd just sew mine together permanently, cause if I need to replace, Id just cut it off.

Well I find the velcro ones get loose in time, and still grab my hair. Also if the velcro goes back to the strap itself - it limits the stretch of the strap. I still have some of them here... but the others are more popular with the folks here. The other nice thing about the clip ones, is I can adjust the fit of the mask on the fly underwater - either looser or tighter. With the velcro ones, I can't do that.

fair enough. Hair isn't an issue here as we all wear hoods, and I guess I never found a reason to adjust it after the first time. I'd definitely consider one of these clip ones in the future. For now, velcro are fine.

I have the ScubaToys strap. The way the thing threads through is amazingly complicated to adjust, but once it is it works great. I replaced the buckle it came with with a simple 3/4" triglide I bought at a local outdoor sports store because the included buckle popped open sometimes (always while putting on or in bag, never while on head). The triglide is harder to adjust but holds very well. You thread through the triglide, through the mask buckle, back through the triglide, then double back through the triglide again.

[I always feel kinda silly.. minimizing and simplifying my gear as much as possible, then putting on a mask strap that says "The one with the most toys wins!"]

jonnythan:
[I always feel kinda silly.. minimizing and simplifying my gear as much as possible, then putting on a mask strap that says "The one with the most toys wins!"]

You gotta read it a little closer.... "The one with the moist toys wins!"

Back
Top Bottom